Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ryan, you speak so much truth that should be heard by the masses. You’ll always have my respect.

Boss can wait until next year for her birthday, tomorrow is your day.
Father's day is not high on my list of priorities

I made a lot of mistakes raising my 3 kids and don't feel the need to celebrate failure

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 1/4" is an I/R and my 3/8" is a Snap on. The I/R has the lever style trigger, the Snap on has a button type. The button is nicer.
The I/R, I can buy my own parts and fix. The other needs to be sent in.
Both are composite body. If you use them as a lever when the bolt doesn't want to turn under the ratchets own power you'll eventually break the tab that keeps the head from rotating. I do that all the time.
I'd say spend a bit more money over the cheap ones and go with the Ingersoll. My impacts are I/R and get thrashed on.
I also oil the hell out of them. First use every day they get a big gulp of air tool oil.

So I shouldn't buy a cheap ass one from harbor freight?

Remember..I won't use it like you do.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I’ve never used one but i’ve heard their Earthquake line of air tools are actually pretty good tools.

I’ve had the Ingersoll i have for about 10 years without any issues. I don’t use it everyday.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve never used one but i’ve heard their Earthquake line of air tools are actually pretty good tools.

I’ve had the Ingersoll i have for about 10 years without any issues. I don’t use it everyday.

I saw the earthquake, I'll get that instead of the central pneumatic, I have to use it to take the calipers off the dump truck.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thomas Sowell is a smart mfer.

The scariest thing about politics today is not any particular policy or leaders, but the utter gullibility with which the public accepts notions for which there is not a speck of evidence, such as the benefits of “diversity,” the dangers of “overpopulation,” and innumerable other fashionable dogmas.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thomas Sowell is a smart mfer.

The scariest thing about politics today is not any particular policy or leaders, but the utter gullibility with which the public accepts notions for which there is not a speck of evidence, such as the benefits of “diversity,” the dangers of “overpopulation,” and innumerable other fashionable dogmas.

That guy is a National Treasure.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Buy once cry once.
I have an I/R impact that is 45 yrs old, used every day for the first 10 yrs. and then occasionally since. Metal body with the remnants of the leather cover. It works everytime. My neighbor has borrowed it twice when his new cheap ones didn't work.
Spend the money on a good tool and oil.

Clean dry air is important too.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Buy once cry once.
I have an I/R impact that is 45 yrs old, used every day for the first 10 yrs. and then occasionally since. Metal body with the remnants of the leather cover. It works everytime. My neighbor has borrowed it twice when his new cheap ones didn't work.
Spend the money on a good tool and oil.

Clean dry air is important too.

Speaking of..

Do you have a recommendation on a moisture separator for a compressor.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just checked the forecast for Texas next week and it might be my first June visit without any days over 100f, doesn’t look like of 95 will be a thing.
I’ll never forgot how hot last year was, Saturday was so hot we decided to spend our free afternoon at the indoor pool instead of the outdoor water park…

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just checked the forecast for Texas next week and it might be my first June visit without any days over 100f, doesn’t look like of 95 will be a thing.
I’ll never forgot how hot last year was, Saturday was so hot we decided to spend our free afternoon at the indoor pool instead of the outdoor water park…
The heat is gonna be up here next week.

We were in Sonora, Texas long range shooting a few years ago and it was 116°.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy fellas. Blue Angel’s didn’t disappoint. I didn’t take any pictures, but my wife did. We were watching from the “cheap seats” on a ridge nearby and jets 5 & 6 flew straight at us and that was an amazing experience. One of the boys with us hit the dirt! 🤣 They were all cheering and excited. Definitely fun watching the kids throughout the event.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of..

Do you have a recommendation on a moisture separator for a compressor.
How large is the compressor?
For the smaller compressors that you attach the hose directly to the tank/pressure regulator put a water seperator after the tank/ regulator.
Drain both the separator and the tank drain after each use or daily if it is running daily.
Humidity is the enemy.
Have plenty of airflow around the compressor and tank. Compressors stuck under stuff or in a closet runs hotter and seem to collect more water.

Use a good COMPRESSOR oil not regular motor oil.

A larger compressor with pipes running around the shop pitch the pipes and put a drop leg at the end to drain water. Always pull your air off the top of the mainline.
A separator a little large is much better than a little small for the amount of airflow. Size by CFM.

Oil the airtool each use.

Don't get an autodrain separator they tend to fail/ leak. manual drains work.