Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The folks we helped with the tornado trees on Friday gave us some freshly canned strawberry jam from their patch. It made a nice breakfast on some local challah toast with a French omelette with Boursin and some Amish bacon.View attachment 422376
That looks fantastic.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The folks we helped with the tornado trees on Friday gave us some freshly canned strawberry jam from their patch. It made a nice breakfast on some local challah toast with a French omelette with Boursin and some Amish bacon.View attachment 422376
No breakfast like that for me today. 2 Nature Valley bars and a cup of coffee on the way to work.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No breakfast like that for me today. 2 Nature Valley bars and a cup of coffee on the way to work.
Most of the time for lunch, I just have a 30g protein bar like MetRx or FitCrunch and an electrolyte drink and I’m good to go for another 4 hours or so. But breakfast, that’s a different story. I gotta have eggs and whatnot.

Stay safe out there today.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That looks tasty. And the fresh jam is the icing on the cake.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin' if anyone is at least a little interested in shooting IMG_20240607_174539.jpg
Buy one of these Taurus's they have a 3 free mag deal going on
IMG_20240607_174612.jpg
I bought a second one everyone new and experienced shooter's loves it
I have a red dot on the other one i had new shooter's hitting steel at 50yds with it.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy at work got in trouble for something and got pulled in the office
He came out and yelled
Derek's got a mouth as soft as a silk sock
Then he was pulled right back into the office.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like he will get whats coming to him. What happened?
I let the herd out to graze like I do every evening. We usually walk down the road and I let them graze on a big slope down the road. I was walking nonchalantly and all of a sudden he hit me in the back right under my shoulder blades. I flew for a bit and smacked flat on the pavement. My feet went out from under me like I had slipped on ice. He’s got a full curl set of horns that are 4+” wide at base.

I laid on the ground struggling to get a breath for about 5 minutes. I finally recovered enough to get the herd back in the pasture. I waited for an hour and couldn’t manage to breathe well enough for comfort. The wife convinced me that going to the emergency room was the best thing to do so off we went. After a pile of tests and X-rays, they discovered nothing was broken and my blood and ultrasound was normal, they still didn’t give me a diagnosis. 12 hours of that chit and I had enough…I signed myself out and left. They told me if I can’t breathe and my lungs fill with fluid to come back.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I let the herd out to graze like I do every evening. We usually walk down the road and I let them graze on a big slope down the road. I was walking nonchalantly and all of a sudden he hit me in the back right under my shoulder blades. I flew for a bit and smacked flat on the pavement. My feet went out from under me like I had slipped on ice. He’s got a full curl set of horns that are 4+” wide at base.

I laid on the ground struggling to get a breath for about 5 minutes. I finally recovered enough to get the herd back in the pasture. I waited for an hour and couldn’t manage to breathe well enough for comfort. The wife convinced me that going to the emergency room was the best thing to do so off we went. After a pile of tests and X-rays, they discovered nothing was broken and my blood and ultrasound was normal, they still didn’t give me a diagnosis. 12 hours of that chit and I had enough…I signed myself out and left. They told me if I can’t breathe and my lungs fill with fluid to come back.

Sounds like he needs to go. I could understand him defending the herd if you were doing something to one of the ewes or getting them all riled up, but hitting you unprovoked like that is an offense. Hope you don't have any damage done that hasn't shown up yet.

Years ago, my dad brought home a pregnant ewe he got in trade for some maintenance work he did for a friend on an old tractor. We had the barn space and he always wanted some sheep.

We had turkeys and chickens at the time, and they shared the same space in the barnyard with the sheep. One of my daily chores was to feed and water the birds, and collect any eggs they had laid. This ewe decided she hated me, and hit me in the small of the back or rear end several dozen times that summer when I was about 10 years old. Pretty sure I got a concussion on one occasion, when she sent me head first into the doorframe when I was bending over to fill a chicken feeder from the feedbag.

I ended up having to see a chiropractor for several years afterwards as a kid, due to chronic headaches and back problems. A-hole sheep are no joke...

The year afterwards, when her lamb was grown, my dad had her butchered. Best mutton I had ever eaten, and my mother made a leg-of-lamb for my 11th birthday from that sheep.