Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 422324
Went back to look at your original picture. Is this just a shadow or a crack?

Is there supposed to be a flat washer in between the fitting and the valve body? Been awhile since I worked with hydraulic fittings, but I remember some of the ports had a washer in between the fitting and the boss on the port it threads into, to help comress and seal the o-ring

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there supposed to be a flat washer in between the fitting and the valve body? Been awhile since I worked with hydraulic fittings, but I remember some of the ports had a washer in between the fitting and the boss on the port it threads into, to help comress and seal the o-ring
No sir. Not according to the parts break down. My Massey 175 does have flat washers there.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A shadow I suppose. Looks like where it is counter bored on the face.
I was wondering about that. From the picture it looks like a line that travels across all the machined steps going from the fitting to under the dirt toward the edge of the housing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wondering about that. From the picture it looks like a line that travels across all the machined steps going from the fitting to under the dirt toward the edge of the housing.
I'll double check.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No cracks......just seeping out of the fitting where it screws into the casting. I'm going to cut about 20 acres of hay Monday. Once I get that done, I'll wash the tractor and pull off that floorboard so I can see it better. It might have a burr on the edge of the bore that damages the oring as it threads in. There's a good hydraulic shop in Crossville too....I'll take the fitting there and see if I can get a nylon backup washer to add a little more compression to the connection.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No cracks......just seeping out of the fitting where it screws into the casting. I'm going to cut about 20 acres of hay Monday. Once I get that done, I'll wash the tractor and pull off that floorboard so I can see it better. It might have a burr on the edge of the bore that damages the oring as it threads in. There's a good hydraulic shop in Crossville too....I'll take the fitting there and see if I can get a nylon backup washer to add a little more compression to the connection.

They may have an ORB (o-ring boss) fitting with a metal washer that will be a direct fit between the port and the taper fitting. Good luck, sir!

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We spent 2 years scouring the used market and couldn’t find anything we were comfortable with buying. Hopefully this brings years of family fun and togetherness, can’t put a price on that…
Is that the one you steer like a jet ski?

My parents will be looking at boats when they get back up north.