JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if tig would be better?
I have no doubt it would be, but I don't have a TIG.
I haven’t used it before. I did hear something about if it’s clean metal it acts goofy. Idk 🤷‍♂️
They got back to me this morning. They said it when it bubbles like that it it was either applied top heavily or the humidity was too high. Humidity was a bit on the high side yesterday and I probably did lay it on a touch heavy.
If you can get to the back side, stop by a welding shop and get yourself a carbon block.
You can hold that up to those spots on the back and weld right on it. The weld will not stick to the block but gives you a surface to weld on to fill the holes.
Good idea Ed. There's a shop not too far down the road. I'll stop by and see if they can help me out.

Jscb1b

Mister Slapnut
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can get to the back side, stop by a welding shop and get yourself a carbon block.
You can hold that up to those spots on the back and weld right on it. The weld will not stick to the block but gives you a surface to weld on to fill the holes.
Copper plates work too.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Sean.
What's all the yarns in Ole Blighty?
Good afternoon Adam 👍
Thanks for sasking
I brought a ms180 non runner, when it gets here ? I will try and do a thread on it 🤔🤞

I’ve been making some log bee homes (3) Trying different methods in making them.
And hopefully figuring out if they like the scorched or the plain style wall decoration 🤣
IMG_7339.jpegIMG_7240.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpeg

And tomorrow I’ve got to help/coachmy son into felling this oak tree that has a back lean towards some power lines 🤔 he’s been dismantling it over the last few Saturdays (private job)
We got a tractor coming to pull it over
I will see if I can get a vid, I think it’s about 3.5’ maybe 4’ at the base
Any how here’s a pic he sent me where he’s marked it it’s been cut off
To give you an idea look for him in the pic he’s 21 and 6’4”
IMG_0956.jpegRenderedImage.jpeg

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a softer mig wire available too, better for body work. Easier to grind and planish.
Interesting. I'm using regular .024 wire.

I stripped as much of the coating off as I could, the pinholes were still filled in by the old layer, not even the sandblaster would clean them out. Then I scrubbed in like a surgeon and reapplied a very thin coating. After grinding and sandblasting the old coating off, I dont think those bubbles affected the integrity of the coating, but I wouldn't have known otherwise. So far so good, I'll report back after work.

20240523_105025.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Wandy

What happens that makes the arm on a worm gear hit the oil pump and break it ?

The bearing ?

I cleaned that oil pump off good and I can see where the arm knicked the pump.
I've seen a bad bearing on the drum cause the drum to tilt and cut into the pump. If it tilted enough, it could push the arm down into the pump body. Overly tight chain is the cause of most of these things.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@JoeDirt
Here's the chunk I have. Been using that piece for probably 25 years. It was a busted off piece from a larger one my brother in law gave me back when he was doing production welding on mezzanine.
View attachment 420450
Sheet copper also works for some reason I am sure I don't understand.