Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone use POR-15? Ever have this issue? Looks like surface contamination but this was clean, just-blasted steel. I can't imagine how the surface would've gotten contaminated. I'm gonna blast it back off tomorrow and try again.
View attachment 420416
I’ve never seen it do that before.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm thinking you're right. There are some small pinholes I want to fill and this POR-15 Patch stuff is supposed to work for that, but after this mess I think I 2k Epoxy and fill the pinholes with 2K seam sealer. It's all hidden under the outer wheel arch.
View attachment 420419
I cut out the worst of them and welded in a patch but I don't want to cut out the whole inner arch. No one repops it and I don't want to fab all that.
View attachment 420417View attachment 420418
That looks great. Should last a long time.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never seen it do that before.
It was smooth as could be when I applied it. Came back an hour later and it looked like that.

I'm not totally a fan of POR-15, the science behind it just doesn't really work in practice most of the time, but this product seemed to fit the application better than any other single product. Don't get me wrong, I've used it and it has it has a place, but I don't really agree with painting entire floors and frames with it.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks great. Should last a long time.
Thanks Randy. It was a little hard to weld as I was getting a lot of blow through even with the machine set as low as possible. That's why there is a second patch welded in there, blow through area got out of hand. It was good practice for butt-welding the outer panel.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Randy. It was a little hard to weld as I was getting a lot of blow through even with the machine set as low as possible. That's why there is a second patch welded in there, blow through area got out of hand. It was good practice for butt-welding the outer panel.
I wonder if tig would be better?

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was smooth as could be when I applied it. Came back an hour later and it looked like that.

I'm not totally a fan of POR-15, the science behind it just doesn't really work in practice most of the time, but this product seemed to fit the application better than any other single product. Don't get me wrong, I've used it and it has it has a place, but I don't really agree with painting entire floors and frames with it.
I haven’t used it before. I did hear something about if it’s clean metal it acts goofy. Idk 🤷‍♂️

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, liquid sunshine in the forecast until Monday. The hayfields are ready to harvest. Except for the weather. Better than being too dry to grow, so we wait. Be safe out there, I am going to slack!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. Still dry this morning but should probably give up on the idea of walking the next couple days. Rainfall warning issued accompanied by strong winds. 2 1/2 inches in the next 48 hours with winds gusting up to 40MPH. Apparently my friend @Dub11 is to blame for this coming up from Fargo. We will however welcome all the water you are sending up in the Red.

IMG_9940.jpeg

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If you can get to the back side, stop by a welding shop and get yourself a carbon block.
You can hold that up to those spots on the back and weld right on it. The weld will not stick to the block but gives you a surface to weld on to fill the holes.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can get to the back side, stop by a welding shop and get yourself a carbon block.
You can hold that up to those spots on the back and weld right on it. The weld will not stick to the block but gives you a surface to weld on to fill the holes.
Good idea.