Not So Pro 3

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you make it all day or break down and tell the f-tards exactly what they can do and with what they can do it with. I will admit I made it almost 30 seconds before I started in.

Now that you mention it, I think I did.
I spent most of the day on that Cadillac engine. Longest interaction I had with anyone is when my buddy Kenny, from our body shop, stopped to BS a few times and then with the service writer, Jack, who wrote the r/o on the Cadillac.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And good morning to the rest of ya!

My kids have had off school since Wednesday for Easter break, and my oldest (Calvin, who some of you have met) turns 8 on Saturday, we decided to let him have his birthday party last night with friends. So 5 other 6-8 year old boys got sugared up and stayed the night. Herding cats would be an accurate description when trying to get their attention.. Now they are running around on less than normal sleep, shooting nerf guns at anyone without due regard. I think it’s time for me to go cut trees.. lol

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think Vtec uses a system similar to what GM used on a 2.5 in the Malibu back around 2012. It has 2 lobes and a mechanical rocker arm that has a hydraulic actuated center portion that shifts it between high and low lift.
I know I like fords but really haven’t worked on the 3v 5.4 or newer so I don’t exactly know how fords variable valve set up with the cam phasers works. Thought it manipulated the lobes somehow but maybe someday I’ll need to look into it. For now trucks under warranty to 100,000 so see what happens. 2,7 doesn’t seem to have all that many issues from what I can find. Other than the 2 pc composite oil pan leaking on early ones. And the brittle valves which according to ford most failed early and if not they were fine.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know I like fords but really haven’t worked on the 3v 5.4 or newer so I don’t exactly know how fords variable valve set up with the cam phasers works. Thought it manipulated the lobes somehow but maybe someday I’ll need to look into it. For now trucks under warranty to 100,000 so see what happens. 2,7 doesn’t seem to have all that many issues from what I can find. Other than the 2 pc composite oil pan leaking on early ones. And the brittle valves which according to ford most failed early and if not they were fine.
IMG_20230326_175916.jpg
Front on the cam on the 5.4 3v is a phaser that uses oil pressure to change the timing for the cam. Above it is the solenoid that changes oil flow and on the front of the head is the cam sensor.

footstep

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And good morning to the rest of ya!

My kids have had off school since Wednesday for Easter break, and my oldest (Calvin, who some of you have met) turns 8 on Saturday, we decided to let him have his birthday party last night with friends. So 5 other 6-8 year old boys got sugared up and stayed the night. Herding cats would be an accurate description when trying to get their attention.. Now they are running around on less than normal sleep, shooting nerf guns at anyone without due regard. I think it’s time for me to go cut trees.. lol

Get in on the action, show them kids how it's done.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 413949
Front on the cam on the 5.4 3v is a phaser that uses oil pressure to change the timing for the cam. Above it is the solenoid that changes oil flow and on the front of the head is the cam sensor.
So I’m sure they use pretty much the exact same set up on all newer fords with variable timing

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning scratch & sniffers, another day another dollar down, pulled some elk steak out the freezer for dinner tonight, just have to remember to get some pellets after work.
Here in the midwest, we don’t get to eat Elk often, but whenever I can, I do! Just had an Elk roast earlier this week.