High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Not So Pro 3

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Huh, I’ve never experienced that. But each of my 462’s only have 1 logging season on them, respectively.

I guess that's a little different, but sh!t still happens. You don't have 4 guys picking it up to make cuts...

Tree Service saws are the most tortured saws (in my opinion) and live the hardest life.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
4:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know what you’re saying, but I’d rather support the site with the $2/mo membership. Most if the time it works great. This has happened to me a few times now the day after it auto renews.. They just have a glitch somewhere that needs fixin.
I have no problem supporting the forum but these slackers need to get their sh!t together so when it renews you don’t have the issues. I’m look at how much Dallas has been calling them out and they still haven’t responded. That said I would not want to be those guys with all the stuff they have going on. They do a damn fine job giving us a place to hang out and shoot the chit.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess that's a little different, but sh!t still happens. You don't have 4 guys picking it up to make cuts...

Tree Service saws are the most tortured saws (in my opinion) and live the hardest life.
I absolutely agree. After working in the tree service in Rochester, MN for Davey, I saw all that first hand. Most of the employees were not knowledgeable about equipment, and it showed. It was abused daily. No one cared for the saws. Dropped, thrown, not maintained, etc. I actually got yelled at on a job for sharpening my chain with a file!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The solenoid went out in my new washing machine in a few months..then...it went again.

I guess that's what 1200 dollars buys you these days.
my washer and dryer are 2008 models and ive had to work on both but might be better that i do try keeping them going
I have no problem supporting the forum but these slackers need to get their sh!t together so when it renews you don’t have the issues. I’m look at how much Dallas has been calling them out and they still haven’t responded. That said I would not want to be those guys with all the stuff they have going on. They do a damn fine job giving us a place to hang out and shoot the chit.
i quit worrying about it all they want to do is censor words to cater to the crybabies so ill do my best to keep them busy on that part

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. After working in the tree service in Rochester, MN for Davey, I saw all that first hand. Most of the employees were not knowledgeable about equipment, and it showed. It was abused daily. No one cared for the saws. Dropped, thrown, not maintained, etc. I actually got yelled at on a job for sharpening my chain with a file!

My first 462 was a 2019 model and it popped about a month ago, the piston cracked and it ate the top end, I was pissed..obviously..but it didn't owe me anything. Made it 4-5 years.

I do my best to keep up with what we use, better than most services out there..but the inevitable comes at some point.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's because Dallas has bought up all the top end product.

I did a bathroom for one of my friends that has a bunch of properties this winter while we were slow, just a little 2 day job for something to do while the weather was bad.

The sink that came with the vanity had bad fixtures.

The walls on the surround had small cracks.

The drain in the tub was out of round.

Quality control is going DOWN for our purchased goods.

I was so pissed I had to load all the sh!t up and take it back to exchange it.

IMG_0753.jpg20240213_140623.jpg20240215_155330.jpg20240214_130211.jpg

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Truth… it’s all garbage these days. Don’t even get me started on refrigerators.
LG by chance? We have a Maytag on the way to replace the LG one that was in the place when we bought it. In doing our research even the appliances store tell you not to buy LG.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. We’ve had a few fast moving storms past through, wind is howling like a freight train. Good thing the trees are still bare or they would like be in rougher shape this morning.

At least the rain is better than more snow…

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably made in China by the lowest bidder.
Stihl probably makes it themselves but who knows where, could be China but their main casting operations are in Brazil. They’re just super thin I suppose to help with the weight wars that everyone is in. The 261/362 got a version of that first as part of the weight reduction.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a speed queen washer for the house after our 1000$ whirlpool cabrio quit in 5 years. Mintac buys the speed queens for everyone to wash their work clothes and they get 1-2 years out of one with 50 people washing their greasy full of taconite dust clothes. All the prior washers made 1-3 months mostly but a few only a couple weeks. Speed queen is expensive at 12-1400$ but I’m hoping to get 20 years out of it. Bosch seems to be the best year after year for dishwashers so I guess lawn boy needs to look for a German girl.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LG by chance? We have a Maytag on the way to replace the LG one that was in the place when we bought it. In doing our research even the appliances store tell you not to buy LG.
The older son worked at Home Depot for a couple of years designing kitchens and his take was that Samsung and LG were the worst and he said people had the best luck and the easiest warranty process with GE

That is what the builder used in our house so we bought a GE fridge that matched and GE washer and dryer

The gasket on the freezer drawer leaked from the get go and they replaced it with no fuss

I paid for the extended service plans as well although I hate doing that, it just seems like if you don't, about 13 minutes past a year something goes to hell

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first 462 was a 2019 model and it popped about a month ago, the piston cracked and it ate the top end, I was pissed..obviously..but it didn't owe me anything. Made it 4-5 years.

I do my best to keep up with what we use, better than most services out there..but the inevitable comes at some point.
Some tree guys up here clean and sharpen saws every afternoon others it doesn’t get clean till it sees me. Many times you can’t see the pleats in the air filter and had a couple that lost spark because they had so much crap in the coil area they couldn’t read the magnets anymore.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a speed queen washer for the house after our 1000$ whirlpool cabrio quit in 5 years. Mintac buys the speed queens for everyone to wash their work clothes and they get 1-2 years out of one with 50 people washing their greasy full of taconite dust clothes. All the prior washers made 1-3 months mostly but a few only a couple weeks. Speed queen is expensive at 12-1400$ but I’m hoping to get 20 years out of it. Bosch seems to be the best year after year for dishwashers so I guess lawn boy needs to look for a German girl.
i have the cabrio washer and dryer also
so far on the washer was the 25 dollar lid lock
on the dryer was the computer board

speed queen is more commercial than residential but far superior than anything out there too