Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Seriously [emoji15]
Never heard of this

Sent from Hoskey hilltop
Si. When I was a kid, mom did it a couple of times when I did something stupid and we didn't have any bandaids around. She got the web (sans spider), loosely bunched it up, and put it in the cut. Seemed to work pretty damn good.

I think it was the Egyptians who started it. Same with using honey and moldy bread on wounds.
Knew about the honey, not about the bread. I'll have to read up on that one. Fanks!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon all.

Slack morning, waiting for the temps to get above freezing. More cooking today, prepping for winter.

Big batch of spaghetti sauce and prepping to put an eye of round on the kettle.

I just dug out the Blizzak's to put on my wife's ride tomorrow.
It's a bit early, but she's still working from home and it's a convenient time.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
After our first winter on real ice and snow tires many moons ago, we will never run "all season" tires in winter. Tremendous difference.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve tried several different sets of all terrain tires on my truck and settled on bfg a/t. I get about 45-50k miles out of them and they work crazy good in snow. These popped up when doing a search so I thought I’d give them a shot. Saved $250 over the bfg too

35557D67-718B-4695-8B95-EA67EDB726AE.jpeg

Those Blizzaks are great in the snow. Dad had a set and they were amazing

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We used to run the Blizzaks but after discovering Nokian winter tires the mic dropped. None of that dry road squirm, wear much better, same fuel economy as the summer skins and as good or better traction.

We have also used, michelin X-ice, uniroyal ice and snow, and Continental Extreme winter contact.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve tried several different sets of all terrain tires on my truck and settled on bfg a/t. I get about 45-50k miles out of them and they work crazy good in snow. These popped up when doing a search so I thought I’d give them a shot. Saved $250 over the bfg too

View attachment 263402

Those look damn near identical to a BFG. Nice.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 263402

We used to run the Blizzaks but after discovering Nokian winter tires the mic dropped. None of that dry road squirm, wear much better, same fuel economy as the summer skins and as good or better traction.

We have also used, michelin X-ice, uniroyal ice and snow, and Continental Extreme winter contact.

I need to find some time to do mine soon. Always prefer getting them on before the snow is actually here.

I’m a big fan on Michelin X-Ice on passenger cars but they just didn’t seem to have anything I liked for the Explorer. Two seasons on a set of Blizzak DM-V2’s and I couldn’t be happier. These Bridgestones have gotten me through some stuff that I shouldn’t even have tried.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Back when I had my zr2 blazer and front wheel drive cars I always ran winterforce tires in the winter. They were cheap and performed well. My junk would go anywhere.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back when I had my zr2 blazer and front wheel drive cars I always ran winterforce tires in the winter. They were cheap and performed well. My junk would go anywhere.
I put 2 of those on the daughter’s college car for going back and forth to Marquette. Little Cobalt would go anywhere with them.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nokians are the *s-word
Yes they are. Our new rig has a set of the Nokian WRG 4 SUV all weather tires. Same as all the MI state police run. Supposed to out perform some dedicated snows from other makers yet 60,000 mile warranty. First time trying these. On black steel wheels like all the udders.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I need to find some time to do mine soon. Always prefer getting them on before the snow is actually here.

I’m a big fan on Michelin X-Ice on passenger cars but they just didn’t seem to have anything I liked for the Explorer. Two seasons on a set of Blizzak DM-V2’s and I couldn’t be happier. These Bridgestones have gotten me through some stuff that I shouldn’t even have tried.
Any true Winter tire is better than all of the all season tires. They really should be called 3 season tires.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any true Winter tire is better than all of the all season tires. They really should be called 3 season tires.
At $80 a crack I’m not changing tires twice a year and storing 3 or 4 sets year round. Too much going on to have to make time for that also