Not So Pro 3

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, happy hump day 🐪. What vehicle seized the tensioner @maulhead ? Just curious to make sure I don't have one of those. I hate walking that much.

It does not really matter what brand vehicle it was on. It was a Gates brand tensioner & pulley, that I put on new out of the box, in December 2022, so only about 14 months old, and it locked up tight. Going to see if there's a warranty at the local carquest, where I bought it.

I don't mind walking, gives me time to reflect on life. I can usually walk about 19-20 miles before I think about calling for assistance. I got within 1/2 mile of my house before someone pulled over to see if I needed a ride, I didn't see the point at that distance, hitching a ride.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning gentlemen, and Dall.

Got the skidder wrapped up and moved yesterday - drove better than it has since I bought it a year and a half ago. Also got 3 of the tire chains on. Goal was to have the chains on it by end of today before the rain gets here tomorrow, so I’m doing good there. One of the little things I repaired whioe I had the chance, was the door. The door got bent last season while backing up when the top corner caught a limb. I removed the door and used the blade on the skidder as my press, with the door on blocks. Worked great and the door fits awesome now. Lastly, I replaced the broken latch. Found the same style on Grainger for cheap, but modified it to strengthen the latch so it doesn’t tear out. Should take a lot more abuse in the woods this way.
IMG_8831.jpeg
IMG_8832.jpeg
IMG_8833.jpeg

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Got the skidder wrapped up and moved yesterday - drove better than it has since I bought it a year and a half ago. Also got 3 of the tire chains on. Goal was to have the chains on it by end of today before the rain gets here tomorrow, so I’m doing good there. One of the little things I repaired whioe I had the chance, was the door. The door got bent last season while backing up when the top corner caught a limb. I removed the door and used the blade on the skidder as my press, with the door on blocks. Worked great and the door fits awesome now. Lastly, I replaced the broken latch. Found the same style on Grainger for cheap, but modified it to strengthen the latch so it doesn’t tear out. Should take a lot more abuse in the woods this way.
View attachment 406886
View attachment 406888
View attachment 406887

Nice job, hopefully it lasts for a whioe.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning guys. If anyone was worried about it I did get the television hung up in the garage last night. + GFY
84 inch so the old *f-worder can see it?
Good morning men, happy hump day 🐪. What vehicle seized the tensioner @maulhead ? Just curious to make sure I don't have one of those. I hate walking that much.
lol one of those dodge or fiat things

View attachment 406886
View attachment 406888
View attachment 406887
lol 2 year old do the welding?
That sucks! At least it’s an easy fix.

🤦🏻‍♂️ No.
lol what tooth is hurting you?

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does not really matter what brand vehicle it was on. It was a Gates brand tensioner & pulley, that I put on new out of the box, in December 2022, so only about 14 months old, and it locked up tight. Going to see if there's a warranty at the local carquest, where I bought it.

I don't mind walking, gives me time to reflect on life. I can usually walk about 19-20 miles before I think about calling for assistance. I got within 1/2 mile of my house before someone pulled over to see if I needed a ride, I didn't see the point at that distance, hitching a ride.
Hopefully Gates quality isn't slipping. I stopped using Dayco stuff several years ago but I haven't had any issues with Gates yet.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully Gates quality isn't slipping. I stopped using Dayco stuff several years ago but I haven't had any issues with Gates yet.

Best not try and convince queen troll of that, my truck only broke cause it's a dodge.

Had it been Gates tensioner on a bowtie, it would of out lasted the truck, and been kept under the seat of 2nd truck as a spare, for the next 40 years, and still been in mint condition.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best not try and convince queen troll of that, my truck only broke cause it's a dodge.

Had it been Gates tensioner on a bowtie, it would of out lasted the truck, and been kept under the seat of 2nd truck as a spare, for the next 40 years, and still been in mint condition.
lol on anything but a dodge or fiat you can hear them chirp and i carry a extra belt along with a idler pulley and tensioner pulley so i dont have to walk
i got the last miles out of those and 5 minutes along the road i was back up and running
it was on the way to work on a sunday

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

lmfao queen troll
did someone wake up on the wrong bed this morning and the dog has yours ?