Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 406028
Found the wiggle in my center bushings: lower one has a cracked housing, and play between the sphere and the race. Pin was also just slightly stepped. Upper was good, but I’m putting in both pins and bushings.
View attachment 406029
Off to the parts house now for all the shiny stuff!
So I was wrong about that crack - it’s manufactured that way so that the sphere can be installed. Makes sense now that it was explained to me. Anyway, got new pins and bushings. After cleaning up and measuring the bronze shims, I’ll need those as well, and whoever did this job last time, didn’t use enough shim on the bottom section, which is probably where a lot the felt wiggle was coming from.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tomorrow if I remember. I had to pull Austin out of the driveway this morning so he could get to work.....that's how bad it was.
IMG_20240125_072216.jpg
Last week we had that going. Ground was thawing with the rains we were getting and you couldn't go anywhere in the backyard. Hooked up the hay trailer and that was enough to stop any motion even with 4 wheel drive.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 406109
Last week we had that going. Ground was thawing with the rains we were getting and you couldn't go anywhere in the backyard. Hooked up the hay trailer and that was enough to stop any motion even with 4 wheel drive.
IMG_8798.jpeg
I lost traction in the mud the day before yesterday. Frost is coming out and the top 3-4” is just mud.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening fellers. Piston is back in the YZed. We’ll probably get it buttoned up tomorrow night so the kid can test rip it down the ice covered driveway…
Short sheet metal screws in the knobbies or a set of Trellborgs will fix a icy driveway for aspiring dirt bikers