Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
depends

you pick
Neither is good but I'd rather be awoken by a car fire.
Don't even get me started on the newer Toyota Tacoma cartridge filters

Fukking morons
My F150 has one. Doesn't really bother me. They filter the same. Easier to inspect the cartridge type for anything that shouldn't be there. And it's mounted on top for less mess. The canisters are easier to spin-on, spin off though. The semis are starting to use the cartridge types.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neither is good but I'd rather be awoken by a car fire.

My F150 has one. Doesn't really bother me. They filter the same. Easier to inspect the cartridge type for anything that shouldn't be there. And it's mounted on top for less mess. The canisters are easier to spin-on, spin off though. The semis are starting to use the cartridge types.
It's not the cartridge I object to, its the moronic way they implemented it

First the filter body mess is plastic and you have to get an aluminum bodied one for long term durability, you need a whole new filter wrench setup, then there is the plastic gizmo you have to force up into the "drain" hole and you have to "milk it" to get the filter to drain before you take the cartridge off and not all of the filters come with that gizmo

Just not very thought through if you ask me

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

First the filter body mess is plastic and you have to get an aluminum bodied one for long term durability, you need a whole new filter wrench setup, then there is the plastic gizmo you have to force up into the "drain" hole and you have to "milk it" to get the filter to drain before you take the cartridge off and not all of the filters come with that gizmo

Mine is plastic. Right on top in the front. Takes a 1 inch socket. Haven't had any issues with it rounding. Three o-rings that take a minute to swap out with a pick tool and the new filter cartridge gives a nice, positive "click" into place. I haven't seen the Toyota setup so I can't comment on it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pictures or videos of the milking
5 million birch, alder, and willow trees in sight and this azzhole decides it needs to munch on our expensive maple trees

View attachment 400827
It’s softer lol

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is plastic. Right on top in the front. Takes a 1 inch socket. Haven't had any issues with it rounding. Three o-rings that take a minute to swap out with a pick tool and the new filter cartridge gives a nice, positive "click" into place. I haven't seen the Toyota setup so I can't comment on it.
It's down under so it has a separate "drain plug" for the filter and then another tool to actually remove the filter body, plus the fiddly little drain nipple

At least the tool is a nice even size

:rolleyes:

64.3 mm, and before you bother converting it to freedom units it comes out as a weird ass number there too

It ain't metric, it ain't Murican, so what measuring system haven't we roasted...

IMG_4368.png

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's down under so it has a separate "drain plug" for the filter and then another tool to actually remove the filter body, plus the fiddly little drain nipple

64.3 mm, and before you bother converting it to freedom units it comes out as a weird ass number there too

It ain't metric, it ain't Murican, so what measuring system haven't we roasted...

View attachment 400834
lol probably 2 3/8 or close to it
We will wait on the metric mathematician

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 400834
There is a British standard or unified sized set of wrenches that were used on some British cars.
You needed American, metric, and the british sizes to work on a jag.