Not So Pro 3

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fresh oil and filter in the Super Doody. I didn't even need to call @redline4 for instructions. I'm a big kid now
Well, it is a Ferd.
So instructions about blown out lifters, bent valves, grenaded pistons, and general large chunks of metal in the oil shouldnt be needed....
Welcome to the "new normal".😁

Sorry @dall, those are mostly Chebby problems now. 😉
You actually dont HAVE to keep a towing company on retainer to go more than 5 miles from home. You should look into it...

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neither is good but I'd rather be awoken by a car fire.

My F150 has one. Doesn't really bother me. They filter the same. Easier to inspect the cartridge type for anything that shouldn't be there. And it's mounted on top for less mess. The canisters are easier to spin-on, spin off though. The semis are starting to use the cartridge types.
...aaand welcome back to 1950. Seems we have come full circle, but with a "little" more technology.
Just wait. Soon you wont have to worry about fluids n stuffs.
No fluids in a Lithium battery to check on.
In fact, id recommed you dont even get too close to those. The one you stare at all day and hold up to your head for extended periods of time is probably enough.😉
They will figure out how to make electric brakes that dont require brake fluid if they havent already. No tranny fluid anymore, because theres no transmission.
No differential oils, because there will be electric motors doing the differintiating...

And since we can make all the power we need to charge those fine machines from the sun, wind, water, unicorn farts, and kum-bay-yahs there should be NOTHING to worry about....😄

Yeah, I know its coming.

Hope I'm dead by then though.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...aaand welcome back to 1950. Seems we have come full circle, but with a "little" more technology.
In fact, id recommed you dont even get too close to those. The one you stare at all day and hold up to your head for extended periods of time is probably enough.😉
They will figure out how to make electric brakes that dont require brake fluid if they havent already. No tranny fluid anymore, because theres no transmission.
No differential oils, because there will be electric motors doing the differintiating...

And since we can make all the power we need to charge those fine machines from the sun, wind, water, unicorn farts, and kum-bay-yahs there should be NOTHING to worry about....😄

Yeah, I know its coming.

Screenshot_20231216-220308.jpg

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yeah, I know its coming.

lol dont hope
i plan

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, it is a Ferd.
So instructions about blown out lifters, bent valves, grenaded pistons, and general large chunks of metal in the oil shouldnt be needed....
Welcome to the "new normal".😁

Sorry @dall, those are mostly Chebby problems now. 😉
You actually dont HAVE to keep a towing company on retainer to go more than 5 miles from home. You should look into it...
did you hit your head again there ?

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's down under so it has a separate "drain plug" for the filter and then another tool to actually remove the filter body, plus the fiddly little drain nipple

At least the tool is a nice even size

:rolleyes:

64.3 mm, and before you bother converting it to freedom units it comes out as a weird ass number there too

It ain't metric, it ain't Murican, so what measuring system haven't we roasted...

View attachment 400834

I’d prefer to keep breathing but thanks for the suggestion

😳
What he meant was choot that bish with a SLAP round and fill that freezer. I heares them Mooses iz tasty, and a fairly decent amount of groceries on one...😁
Takes care of the Maple-munching issue and some grocery shopping expenses at the same time.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope.
Dont spend much time under a vehicle to hit muh head on....
Sorry, you are probably used to it and dont understans...😁
all the stuff you do is on overhead cranes so either you have a very thick head or lots of protection for the few remaining cells lol

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
all the stuff you do is on overhead cranes so either you have a very thick head or lots of protection for the few remaining cells lol
I wears a hard hat slacker.

Brain wuz still semi-solid last time somebody checked. I dont always use it, but its still there if I happen to need it.

And yeah, my point exactly. I dont work on vehicles that much, unless I'm helping dad with his Chebbies...😉

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wears a hard hat slacker.

Brain wuz still semi-solid last time somebody checked. I dont always use it, but its still there if I happen to need it.

And yeah, my point exactly. I dont work on vehicles that much, unless I'm helping dad with his Chebbies...😉
Those chevies will be around when we are gone
The ford will be tin cans

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those chevies will be around when we are gone
The ford will be tin cans
I saw one today that is recycling itself pretty well, so I'm just gonna say when you dont keep them on the road, they will all go away.

I hate that. Id love to have the time to save it because it was my grandfather's.
Just not sure when that might be.
I figure the 350 will be fine if I get around to pulling it. Those are like an AK47. Built with enough "slop" that they will still work even after being heavily abused, and cheap to repair.

Ferds will be Aluminum cans one of these days I guess. At least the ones made the last few years.
My newest truck is about to be 29 years old.

Ive decided I DONT want a diesel.
Went over and helped the boy with his friends 2015 Chebbie 2500 HD. They replaced the lift pump and did a cartridge filter delete. Supposed to help save the injector pump. (CP4?)
That thing was a BISH to prime.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw one today that is recycling itself pretty well, so I'm just gonna say when you dont keep them on the road, they will all go away.

I hate that. Id love to have the time to save it because it was my grandfather's.
Just not sure when that might be.
I figure the 350 will be fine if I get around to pulling it. Those are like an AK47. Built with enough "slop" that they will still work even after being heavily abused, and cheap to repair.

Ferds will be Aluminum cans one of these days I guess. At least the ones made the last few years.
My newest truck is about to be 29 years old.

Ive decided I DONT want a diesel.
Went over and helped the boy with his friends 2015 Chebbie 2500 HD. They replaced the lift pump and did a cartridge filter delete. Supposed to help save the injector pump. (CP4?)
That thing was a BISH to prime.
mine still have the factory style fuel delivery
no lift pump
suction from tank through the filter and to the cp3
the cp4 from what ive read has tighter tolerances and need filters changed more often
if they dont get taken care of then they contaminate the whole system
cp4 is in i think all 3 big names
i know chevy and ford for sure