Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought it was super cool to watch all the cows out grazing in the fields Randy, but I can tell you one thing for sure- I'm a bit too queasy to be the one who's got to care for them.
Queasy? In what way? You mean the doctoring part of it?

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
5:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Queasy? In what way? You mean the doctoring part of it?
Doctoring, dealing with sick animals, delivering calves, having to deal with a terminally ill animal, etc. I read all the stuff you post about raising and taking care of those cows and I can only imagine how much work goes into it. They are beautiful animals to watch and I admire anyone who raises them, but I think my stomach is just a little too weak for me to ever do it myself. Just that bit of city boy in me, I suppose...

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doctoring, dealing with sick animals, delivering calves, having to deal with a terminally ill animal, etc. I read all the stuff you post about raising and taking care of those cows and I can only imagine how much work goes into it. They are beautiful animals to watch and I admire anyone who raises them, but I think my stomach is just a little too weak for me to ever do it myself. Just that bit of city boy in me, I suppose...
It is ok Joe, not everyone can be a farmer, somebody has to drive the train too. We need all professions that actually do something.

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Overtime Monday bishes, how bout that. I am slacking on the Man's dime today... but really folks, we are running at 150% now. All the yearly projects are being done 4th quarter on top of each other. I will get some pics soon for laughs.
I would really liked to have made it to Randy's GTG this year, but shizz hit the fan. It would be good to put some faces with the names. You guys have a great day.

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. 46F headed to 48, has been raining for hours, not heavy just that miserable drizzle that depresses you…

Likely the last day or 2 of fall and then temps drop with the chance of the first snow falling later in the week.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks. 46 to 64 today, we had a drizzle overnite, but stopped for the time being. It was not enough to move either moisture gauge.
Looks like later in the week we should get our "killing frost" according to the current guestimate.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning everyone.

Getting colder up here in NE. 37 degrees this morning. Going to be in the 70s later this week, though. Unseasonably warm for this time of the year, but I'll take it, because I know the colder weather is moving in soon.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Folks! Farm work for me today. I cleaned out a bunch of large plant pots that I got from a landscaping job. Tomorrow I’m headed to a job to take out some citrus trees. Instead of cutting them down, I want to see if I can save them in planters. Gonna dig as much as I can with the tractor bucket.

I think my little 38hp Yanmar will be up to the task.
9EDB114C-B94E-4AED-A0CD-649D85EE6199.jpeg