maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was before my time

But funny story, they made that movie about him, On Cold Ground (I think) in Anchorage and actually used the older of the 2 courthouses for some of the scenes

Edited to add I just looked it up and the movie was called "The Frozen Ground"

They came through the offices one day in a panic trying to find typewriters from that era for one particular office scene and it turns out in both courthouses and the state court admin offices across the street there was a grand total of ONE single typewriter still in service

It was needed for some archaic criminal form that had never been updated

My younger son was an extra in some scene or another because he was in the area where they were filming for the day and he had my wife's cherry red 66 Mustang and they wanted to use it in the film and he said he had to be in at least one shot

I never even saw the movie

I do know that the State Troopers are still firmly convinced there are a hell of a lot more bodies out there just waiting to be discovered

I've seen that movie twice, also watched a few documentaries on him.

He was a sicko. I'm sure there's more victims than what they accounted for, or will ever find.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Survived 10 screaming 11 year olds. Mostly seemed happy to do their own thing but eventually every game station we set up did get used. What was weird is that they always all wanted to do the same thing. 10 kids trying to play giant jenga at the same time was interesting.
Oh, and of course the too small play structure was the biggest hit…

IMG_9181.jpegIMG_9182.jpegIMG_9183.jpeg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was before my time

But funny story, they made that movie about him, On Cold Ground (I think) in Anchorage and actually used the older of the 2 courthouses for some of the scenes

Edited to add I just looked it up and the movie was called "The Frozen Ground"

They came through the offices one day in a panic trying to find typewriters from that era for one particular office scene and it turns out in both courthouses and the state court admin offices across the street there was a grand total of ONE single typewriter still in service

It was needed for some archaic criminal form that had never been updated

My younger son was an extra in some scene or another because he was in the area where they were filming for the day and he had my wife's cherry red 66 Mustang and they wanted to use it in the film and he said he had to be in at least one shot

I never even saw the movie

I do know that the State Troopers are still firmly convinced there are a hell of a lot more bodies out there just waiting to be discovered
I remember watching that movie, I guess a decade or so ago.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My younger brother had a diesel pusher very similar to that one, he bought it after his 8 year stint in the Navy, he took a few years off from working, and drove all around the USA living out of it, with his 19 year old mail order bride from Thailand.

He got it buried up to the frame on some witch doctors property where he was staying at for a few months in Florida, after a hurricane came through and saturated the ground, it got stuck when he tried driving it back to the pavement. IIRC the tow bill to get out of where it was stuck was close to 5 grand.

My brothers mail order bride from thailand, this was his 3rd one, he's on number 4 now. I hope it all works out for him, but the odds are not in his favor.

Once was more enough for me. I tend to learn from mistakes. Hell will freeze over before I get married again. I'd be up for an extended test drive thou...

nateswife.jpeg.jpg

wife.jpeg.jpg