Not So Pro 3

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got to be honest, one of my biggest fears was a flat or something in the middle of nowhere and especially in Canada or the azz end of nowhere in Alaska

We had towing insurance but I can only imagine how long that might have taken in some places

When we were on our way back down through Canada in 2019 we were camped for the night near Watson Lake and about 6:00 pm the rain started turning to snow and I got what weather info I could and it wasn’t good

We ended up packing it in, fueling up and heading east to try and outrun the storm

I drove at about 25 mph through a whiteout on highway tires until I couldn’t see anything more than 50 feet down the road so we pulled over into a highway department service yard with other people who took shelter and fired up the big diesel generator and the Webasco diesel hydronic heater and tried to get some sleep

We headed out at daylight in about 5-6” of wet snow and just gutted it out for about a 12 hour drive

We ran into and out of snow the entire day and were dodging moose, caribou, stone sheep, and the bison herd that lived along that stretch of road

When we finally made it to Fort Nelson and our next campground I stepped out of the coach and my knees buckled as the adrenaline flushed through or something

I don’t ever remember being that mentally and physically exhausted
I had to go back and look, this was AUGUST 18th, 2019

You can see the giant rock impact we had got the day before, covered in clear Gorilla tape

IMG_0025.jpegIMG_0024.jpegIMG_0041.jpeg

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
F’ng Gum Bumping 101 in this *b-wordh today. Jiffy Lube in WI can’t kill a deer, Dalice runnin’ that suck pipe getting ready to go lizarding and play some chin music, etc, etc, etc.
your delusional
your the one that gets chin bounced off of
you did that today and you will at work tomorrow
your saying is suckem if you gotem

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No

I was not a judge

I ran the civil division for the state court system in Anchorage and he was one of the judges at the time that our division worked with
I was a judge. Well.....I was a judgmental mfer. Still can be.....but I'm working on that.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were you there when Robert Hansen went through the system? Or was that before your time?
That was before my time

But funny story, they made that movie about him, On Cold Ground (I think) in Anchorage and actually used the older of the 2 courthouses for some of the scenes

Edited to add I just looked it up and the movie was called "The Frozen Ground"

They came through the offices one day in a panic trying to find typewriters from that era for one particular office scene and it turns out in both courthouses and the state court admin offices across the street there was a grand total of ONE single typewriter still in service

It was needed for some archaic criminal form that had never been updated

My younger son was an extra in some scene or another because he was in the area where they were filming for the day and he had my wife's cherry red 66 Mustang and they wanted to use it in the film and he said he had to be in at least one shot

I never even saw the movie

I do know that the State Troopers are still firmly convinced there are a hell of a lot more bodies out there just waiting to be discovered

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
F’ng Gum Bumping 101 in this *b-wordh today. Jiffy Lube in WI can’t kill a deer, Dalice runnin’ that suck pipe getting ready to go lizarding and play some chin music, etc, etc, etc.

Meh.
I've been fortunate to take quite a few deer over the years.
And never once got one while sitting at a Church's ordering a bucket of chicken.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was talking with a Canadian couple from Ontario the other day in TN, seems everything is crazy expensive up there, except aluminum, which is cheaper there. They buy all they are allowed to bring across the border, there are limits though. Gas prices shocked me the most, about $8/ gallon. That is nuts!

I hear a lot of folks grumbling about inflation......the truth is that the US is doing far better than most other countries in that respect.
Don’t believe everything you hear. Yes, gas is expensive up here, taxes and all. USA food inflation is much higher than Canada. We used to grocery shop down there because it was cheaper, it’s no longer that way. Selection is different but most things are the same price but in a currency worth 35% more. Say a $3.99 box of cereal there should be $5.39 up here but it isn’t, it is $3.99.