Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning and have a fun weekend

34 and wet snow that’s not sticking

Going to Home Depot later to pick up some reflective wands to outline the driveway and especially the turn off the street

Won’t be long now, the “experts” are calling for a cold snowy winter

🤷🏻‍♂️

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin' my neighbor bought me thisIMG_20231014_111930.jpg
3 gallon race jug for my mix fuel I always wanted one.
I had dozens of those leaking motherfuker epa *B-S.... gas cans that I gave away
I went to 5 gallon race jugs year's ago and never spilled anything.IMG_20230709_132323.jpg
Raining today I have to fix a damn 200t mcbrick for a climber
Hate those bastards.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning and have a fun weekend

34 and wet snow that’s not sticking

Going to Home Depot later to pick up some reflective wands to outline the driveway and especially the turn off the street

Won’t be long now, the “experts” are calling for a cold snowy winter

🤷🏻‍♂️
Well, if the experts say it, buy some sun tan lotion then!

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mornin' my neighbor bought me thisView attachment 393250
3 gallon race jug for my mix fuel I always wanted one.
I had dozens of those leaking motherfuker epa *B-S.... gas cans that I gave away
I went to 5 gallon race jugs year's ago and never spilled anything.View attachment 393253
Raining today I have to fix a damn 200t mcbrick for a climber
Hate those bastards.
Thats probably the only type of gas can I never tried although they are super popular up here for rapidly filling snowmachines, quads, etc

Might be worth a try and I can always give it to my son if it doesn't work out, he has all the gas guzzling Alaska toys

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, if the experts say it, buy some sun tan lotion then!
We had a very unusual summer and fall with a lot of traditional weather indicators that didn’t work at all

The fireweed came up but most of it didn’t bloom at all and the berries were almost nonexistent

Going to be a lot of pissy bears that depend on them for their pre-hibernation top off snack

The weather is going to be what it’s going to be and all I can do is rely on the maxim we learned from the Central Yupik Eskimos in the bush years ago, “always getting ready”

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the sycamore's here have those winged seeds, they spin like a helicopter when they fall and therefore can spread a fair distance in the wind.
The Norway maple has same shape seeds but there’s less of them on the tree.
So the sycamore I remember is a true sycamore and does have the "seed balls"

The "sycamore maple" you guys are talking about is a separate genus of trees, although it is widely known as the sycamore maple

I always feel dumb when there are regional names for trees and plants that I am unfamiliar with or that conflict with what I already thought that I knew

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
9:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the sycamore I remember is a true sycamore and does have the "seed balls"

The "sycamore maple" you guys are talking about is a separate genus of trees, although it is widely known as the sycamore maple

I always feel dumb when there are regional names for trees and plants that I am unfamiliar with or that conflict with what I already thought that I knew

The sycamore maple here was planted by British settlers tons of massive old trees in the towns, they are invasive here though, same with the horse chestnut trees.
The original sycamore genus tree is not around here at all

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The sycamore maple here was planted by British settlers tons of massive old trees in the towns, they are invasive here though, same with the horse chestnut trees.
The original sycamore genus tree is not around here at all
That seems to be one thing all cultures are good at, bringing plants and animals with them and *f-wording up the balance of nature

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That seems to be one thing all cultures are good at, bringing plants and animals with them and *frenching up the balance of nature
Someday thousands of years from now/over the next thousands of years it will all be bottle necking of all the world species many will die off or thrive

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someday thousands of years from now/over the next thousands of years it will all be bottle necking of all the world species many will die off or thrive
Yup

At some point in the far distant future it is theorized that the constantly moving continents will once again come together and form one or more super continents which would effectively reset everything

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup

At some point in the far distant future it is theorized that the constantly moving continents will once again come together and form one or more super continents which would effectively reset everything
That may be in the millions of years in the future rather than couple thousand though lol

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That may be in the millions of years in the future rather than couple thousand though lol
I said far into the future and I should have been more specific

Yup, millions of years for that to happen

And who knows how many times the status quo will change even before that happens

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I said far into the future and I should have been more specific

Yup, millions of years for that to happen

And who knows how many times the status quo will change even before that happens
Probably in for some ice ages in between or Jurassic warm periods

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what seems to be missing from the current narrative, the understanding that sh!t changes as it has in the past and will continue to in the future
I agree but once the fear is seeded there is no reasoning with it. I know people
My age and even much older that actually believe the world will come to a end in 100 years. My sister thinks trees will cease to exist, lots of black, and sand