Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was aq
Figure out the answer and I'll mail you a new bottle of Echo RedArmor.
The question is stupid, the amperage readings make no sense. How is a length of wire exactly twice as long not have exactly twice the resistance? Ohms law would dictate half the current should flow through the longer wire. Am I missing something? I get either .0755 or .0955 ohms per meter. I guess I am not engineer material.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm doing some homework and man, these are some very realistic scenarios in the questions...
View attachment 393264
Very realistic in that the boss lied and the equipment is not of good enough quality to use Ohms law to get the same extrapolated resistance for both lengths.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was aq
The question is stupid, the amperage readings make no sense. How is a length of wire exactly twice as long not have exactly twice the resistance? Ohms law would dictate half the current should flow through the longer wire. Am I missing something? I get either .0755 or .0955 ohms per meter. I guess I am not engineer material.
Same as I was looking at. Had to look at it again to make sure I didn't miss something.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Must have got confused with the solar eclipse and gone back to bed. Super overcast here and we didn't get to see it.
I got a couple pics of the partial between clouds. The one we had in 2017 was impressive. This one, meh!

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was aq
Not all wire resistance is equal per what ever length.
You can test each type individually.
Some alloys (especially now a days) are more resistant than others.
Twice the resistance?
I doubt that.
I used to build custom high end audio cables for a living (Analog IC's, Power Cables & Digital cables) .

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was aq
lol can you say smarter than a college professor

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I promised you a picture of my dad’s slide rule

It’s hard to see but the case is covered front and back with formulas
View attachment 393306

Hard to believe the engineering that was done with these
That's pretty dang cool. The handwritten equations on the case make it cooler. To be honest, I've never used one and have no idea how to use one.

I've been using a TI-84 since 7th grade and even though it sat in a drawer for about 8 years after I graduated high school, I picked it right back up and it was like riding a bike. I never forgot how to use it. I still keep it with me because I'm faster with it for simple calculations, but I'm becoming more and more accustomed to my much more modern TI-Nspire CXII. The Nspire is a lot better for really big calculations and also for graphing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
?????? Wtf?
Seemed like a great time to start the day over.
I got a couple pics of the partial between clouds. The one we had in 2017 was impressive. This one, meh!
The one in 17 was really cool. I was baling hay when it happened.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sighting in the "Death Machine" tomorrow.
It's all I've hunted with the past 10 or 15 years (even during Modern Gun).
Blackpowder starts next Saturday (10 days).
CVA Optima V2 stainless .50 cal.
Nikon scope.
Its killed some Gooduns! Lol
20231014_204318.jpg