Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not really
Watch out for blood clots. I have had several, not fun. Red, hot, painful don't wait, you should see your Doc. Stepbrother called me. stating his legs started swelling and painful. Went to hospital and sure enough clots. He runs at least 5 miles every other day and other days, rides his fat tire bike 15-25 miles.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So do those trees have the typical maple “winged” seeds?

This is the seed I mentioned the other day that was on the trees in central Texas that were called sycamores and it’s what I found on web by googling “sycamore seed”

View attachment 393064
the sycamore's here have those winged seeds, they spin like a helicopter when they fall and therefore can spread a fair distance in the wind.
The Norway maple has same shape seeds but there’s less of them on the tree.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Wonkydonkey
Do you have many horse chestnut or Conker trees near your area?
View attachment 393080

The chestnuts themselves almost look like a varnished walnut furniture finish
Yes we have a few, they can grow quickly at first, out competing other trees and get big if the conditions are right.

The horse chestnut here have a soft spiky shell but the seeds look the same.
I’ve noticed in the past there’s two different coloured blossoms on different trees (white or pinkish red). it has a different Latin name as to distinguish the different coloured blossom ?
Aesculus hippocastanum (White blossom)

Aesculus x carnea. (Pinky red blossom)​

This link says the European is the white version and the pinky red is North American related

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
good morning

Time for me Togo squeeze some apples 🤓

And also checkout the Homelite 3314 that I ended up putting a carb kit in yesterday, as it wouldn’t run after I changed the fuel strainer ,it must have had a pinhole in the metering diaphragm as well 🤦‍♂️

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes we have a few, they can grow quickly at first, out competing other trees and get big if the conditions are right.

The horse chestnut here have a soft spiky shell but the seeds look the same.
I’ve noticed in the past there’s two different coloured blossoms on different trees (white or pinkish red). it has a different Latin name as to distinguish the different coloured blossom ?
Aesculus hippocastanum (White blossom)

Aesculus x carnea. (Pinky red blossom)​

This link says the European is the white version and the pinky red is North American related
Same here on two different blossoms and they are a sight to see early summer. I got a bunch of the nuts