Not So Pro 3

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That seems to be one thing all cultures are good at, bringing plants and animals with them and *frenching up the balance of nature

May I present you, Kali tragus, AKA Tumbleweed

Many people think tumbleweeds are native to the USA thanks to them always blowing around in old westerns movies.

Kali tragus is native to Eurasia, but in the 1870s, it appeared in South Dakota when flaxseed from Russia turned out to be contaminated with Kali seeds.

PITD weed is what I call them.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also known as Buckeyes?
Yes,

I think it says that in the link I added ..
from the link…
A related North American species has red flowers; its glossy nuts peering from split spiny cases have earned it the nickname of Buck-eyes. Pink- and red-flowered Horse Chestnut trees seen in Britain and Ireland are hybrids between ‘our’ Horse Chestnut and Buck-eyes.

I guess from my childhood days I will still call them conkers from the conker tree. Old habits die hard 🤣

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree but once the fear is seeded there is no reasoning with it. I know people
My age and even much older that actually believe the world will come to a end in 100 years. My sister thinks trees will cease to exist, lots of black, and sand
This is so true

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the sycamore I remember is a true sycamore and does have the "seed balls"

The "sycamore maple" you guys are talking about is a separate genus of trees, although it is widely known as the sycamore maple

I always feel dumb when there are regional names for trees and plants that I am unfamiliar with or that conflict with what I already thought that I knew

Near as I can tell the sycamore originated in Central Europe. The word itself is from Ancient Greek sycomoro “syko” meaning fig and “moro” meaning mulberry. Sycamore is a fig mulberry in Ancient Greek.

Those seed balls are a pain when they start opening. Ours at least are a major respiratory irritant. I climbed and rigged one down in the spring and had to put on a bandanna to keep from coughing and sneezing uncontrollably.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes,

I think it says that in the link I added ..
from the link…
A related North American species has red flowers; its glossy nuts peering from split spiny cases have earned it the nickname of Buck-eyes. Pink- and red-flowered Horse Chestnut trees seen in Britain
90089DC6-044D-4428-9CC9-ABE4279A493C.jpeg
Would hurt if your threw one at someone lol

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know what pisses me off more than Dallas having to pull a double lot lizard shift…wanting a big ol’ skillet-full of scrambled eggs loaded with ham and cheese, only to find out you only gots six eggs. Dats what pisses me off. But I made up for it with six pieces of toast with what little scrambled I had to work wifs…
View attachment 393237
Get some yardbirds Jason. You’ll have an endless supply of eggs.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I planted a dozen or so chestnuts with the expectation not all will make it, I plan on potting the rest and growing them into saplings, maybe gifting them to people as ornamental yard trees

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree but once the fear is seeded there is no reasoning with it. I know people
My age and even much older that actually believe the world will come to a end in 100 years. My sister thinks trees will cease to exist, lots of black, and sand
pictures of your sister for @JoeDirt
Get some yardbirds Jason. You’ll have an endless supply of eggs.
they wouldnt have a chance

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have matches on Grindr to tend to what are u waiting for lol
does she have the same beard as you ?
Son of a *b-wordin coyotes.
2 of them. I couldn't get a shot.