High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Not So Pro 3

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The cost savings are negligible unless you are very young and plan to live in the same house for a long time, plus I think they just look ugly. If you want your house to look like a pole barn, I guess they are okay.

I agree, it makes your house look like a machine shop.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the biggest differences architect shingles do aside from aesthetics and looking a helluva lot better than 3-tabs, is help hide *s-wordty roof framing when framers don’t crown rafters after they load up a set on sawhorses, pattern whether birdsmouth and tails or cantilever, and cut ‘em. And crowning rafters is about as basic of Framing 101 as it gets…but some framers/saw man just don’t give a fukk.

Of course that same crowning theory doesn’t apply to pre-built trusses.

The only crowning you've done, is the morning after a night spent eating too much at the golden corral buffet...

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tore off roofs a few times that had 3 layers of shingles, that's a motherfukker of another kind, we'd spend almost a whole ass day pulling nails.

My brother bought a 100 year old farm house to renovate, it had 7 layers of shingles, 6 asphalt layers, over the top of the original cedar shingles.

We put a string line gable to gable on the ridge, close to a 3-1/2 inch sag in the center of the roof.

There was cracked rafters in the attic, not sure how that place did not cave in with all the extra weight on that roof. It took forever to get that roof stripped to the deck.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My brother bought a 100 year old farm house to renovate, it had 7 layers of shingles, 6 asphalt layers, over the top of the original cedar shingles.

We put a string line gable to gable on the ridge, close to a 3-1/2 inch sag in the center of the roof.

There was cracked rafters in the attic, not sure how that place did not cave in with all the extra weight on that roof. It took forever to get that roof stripped to the deck.

That's exactly it, the weight.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
only lazy guberment employees shingle over shingle

you need a couple more weeks of it and then snow

she will say her tires need replaced before winter lol

right teach
we will learn these slackers

and as many times as ive been to parkersburg ive never been to the island

glad teach put some sense into you

*b-word you spend alot more time on here than i do

lol gfy

pictures of soccer mom needing a talking to ?

i never called my read dad that either in the 14 years he was alive that i was around

slackergot

what book did you copy that from
Sounds like some *s-wordt that hillbilly Brokeback thing in here would do…piss poor work is her motto. Lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember