timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to be 100% sure my ol ferd has no exhaust leaks before I install the Holley Sniper. The o2 sensor will lie to the pcm if it has any. I plan on using my shop vac discharge plumbed up to the exhaust pipe.....

Thoughts?
My only thought is you will have to seal off the air filter on the housing/filter side with a heavy bag. Reasoning is air will transfer across open int and exh valves in engine and escape out the air filter causing a loss of air pressure you are trying to build for your leak test. Word of caution Randy. Crack the oil filler cap to prevent overpressurizing the crankcase with air. I agree with Ed too. Just use regulated air instead of a shop vac. Nothing over 25psi.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My only thought is you will have to seal off the air filter on the housing/filter side with a heavy bag. Reasoning is air will transfer across open int and exh valves in engine and escape out the air filter causing a loss of air pressure you are trying to build for your leak test. Word of caution Randy. Crack the oil filler cap to prevent overpressurizing the crankcase with air. I agree with Ed too. Just use regulated air instead of a shop vac. Nothing over 25psi.

Seeing its naturally aspirated, 15psi would probably suffice.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The noise of the vacuum may hide leaks you could normally hear.
I'd somehow regulate down your air from your compressor and adapt that to it. Then use Tim's method of soapy water in a mist bottle.
And your correct, any leaks those things freak out. A friend put one on a Blazer and chased leaks for a while.

I have a good regulator. I like this plan.

That's a sweet door gap..
View attachment 334410

Holy hell.

Deal.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, another use for black tape and sparklers LOL
lol

Because your jealous it hasnt rusted back into the earth or what?;)
Just because Fords dont "self recycle" dont mean you have to be all pouty an dickish...
lol I refuse to work on them anymore
Send those *b-wordes to the junkyard lol