Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Derby car ?
lol but that is a every day occurrence for him

@Kiwioilboiler big word

Someone's daily driver. Complaint of vehicle wanders and is unstable over 40mph.
Yeah, because multiple items are bent, multiple items are loose and because their is nothing but air where there should be structural material.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone's daily driver. Complaint of vehicle wanders and is unstable over 40mph.
Yeah, because multiple items are bent, multiple items are loose and because their is nothing but air where there should be structural material.

In your state do you have the power to tag it unsafe for the road and force repairs or parking it? I have heard stories up here of guys needing to do that, as I understand it they can be held liable if a serious safety/structural item is allowed to leave the shop and then results in an accident.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In your state do you have the power to tag it unsafe for the road and force repairs or parking it? I have heard stories up here of guys needing to do that, as I understand it they can be held liable if a serious safety/structural item is allowed to leave the shop and then results in an accident.

I'm not really sure how that works Gary. My dumb as a post manager believes he's a world class lawyer when it comes to things like that so I've have a lot of misinformation and conflicting info over the years. It's not something I have to deal with, so I've never researched it for myself.

I "think" as long as they pay their bill and acknowledge by receipt of their copy of the repair order they can do what they want.
I mean, if some stanky azz nose picking dipstick like my manager told me I couldn't have my car back, when I own it, his face would be meeting the floor.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not really sure how that works Gary. My dumb as a post manager believes he's a world class lawyer when it comes to things like that so I've have a lot of misinformation and conflicting info over the years. It's not something I have to deal with, so I've never researched it for myself.

I "think" as long as they pay their bill and acknowledge by receipt of their copy of the repair order they can do what they want.
I mean, if some stanky azz nose picking dipstick like my manager told me I couldn't have my car back, when I own it, his face would be meeting the floor.

Makes sense, I think the difference here is many shops are certified to complete vehicle safety inspections that allow someone to register their vehicle with the provincial vehicle licensing department.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes sense, I think the difference here is many shops are certified to complete vehicle safety inspections that allow someone to register their vehicle with the provincial vehicle licensing department.

Yeah, don't have that in my area. We don't even have smog testing in my area.
My Manger had once claimed we can withhold a vehicle from the customer for any non repaired safety item.
I understand the wanting safe vehicles on the road, but telling me I can't have my car back unless I have "this" done? Not happening.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag