New sight for Henry .22

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Henry 22 mag. in the farm truck, with a 3 x 9 Bushnell. Sighted in with the Hornady 33 grain bullets for now. Have a Nikon 3 x 9 coming from Midway this week I hope.
You zero at 100yds?

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Henry 22 mag. in the farm truck, with a 3 x 9 Bushnell. Sighted in with the Hornady 33 grain bullets for now. Have a Nikon 3 x 9 coming from Midway this week I hope.
My Winchester lever-action 22 mag prefers the 35gr that comes in the 200 pack....maybe CCI. It's labeled A22. Next is the CCI 33gr. JHP then the Win 34gr HP's. I have plenty of each now. Probably over 50 boxes.

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Given how insanely popular Remington centerfire bolt actions have always been, I wonder why the rimfires have never really taken off. They have plenty of fans, but they never win any popularity contests.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Given how insanely popular Remington centerfire bolt actions have always been, I wonder why the rimfires have never really taken off. They have plenty of fans, but they never win any popularity contests.
I like em. I have several.
My only gripe is the cheap plastic magazines they use in some models. Good thing you can find 3D printed ones now.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Henry H001T lever action .22 that I like very much, it has a 20" octagonal barrel and is quite accurate with just about anything you feed it. I decided to upgrade the sights and see just how good it can shoot. I put a Williams FP-GR-TK receiver sight on it, this sight is click adjustable and clamps to the receiver dovetail. The original front sight is .500, a little high for my taste. I found a .450 sight with very fine white head in my gun junkyard which tapped right on. Took it out behind the house at 30 yards from a sitting position, I think we have a winner here. A real rifleman/woman (not me) could easily put them all in the bull.

attachment.php
I finally got this done. The front sight has been on the gun for a couple months but I kept forgetting to order a rear, Williams FP-GR-TK. Finally got it ordered and mounted. Other than looking oversized for the gun, I really like it.
The sight hood fills the aperture perfectly. As long as you don't see the hood, the front sight is perfectly centered. I generally prefer a gold bead front sight but the green lite pipe works well.image.jpeg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats my setup! So, are you going to leave the original rear sight in place?
Hadn't really thought about it. If it gets in the way, I'll pull it off but if it's not an issue, I'll probably leave it.
Did you have to pull yours?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't know why, but I just now noticed your reply. Yes, I did remove the rear sight and put in a slot blank. The H001T comes with a Marble's semi-bullhorn rear that is pretty tall and precludes the use of a receiver sight.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You rock, bro. Sadly, I will probably be using scopes more in the future due to neurological problems. The magnification helps me to press the trigger at the right time, and to know when a particular shot is beyond my (non)abilities.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish I had a lathe and mill would make doing many of my projects much easier. But those are much further in the future than I’m looking at the moment.