New Member from SW PA

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 357xp wasn't pretty this morning! Didn't get to see what the 372 looks like!
9d54a403db0518c763e3cfdc9fc153c0.jpg

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've got screenshots! Long story short, this guy sold this saw to someone on FB marketplace and never took the ad down. It stopped running shortly thereafter and the guy who bought it listed it up for dirt cheap and I bought it. The tag was missing as was the recoil decal and I saw caps on the transfers and figured it was a 359. Then Dan and I discovered it was in fact a bone stock 353 with missing parts and marginal compression. Not a 357xp, not ported. I cropped the guys name out but I don't know why I'm even being that courteous.

I didn't figure all of this out until after I bought it. I don't have much money in it at all so it was really just an entertaining case of playing chainsaw detective.

Screenshot_20200430-112637_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20200430-112647_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't trust people like them

No shortage of scumbags! I feel bad for the guy I bought it from because if he paid anywhere near $300 for it he really got ripped off. It cleaned up okay and it runs now after I tore it down, cleaned it and put it back together. Still not sure what I'll do with it. I may trade it or I may 346xp it.

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got screenshots! Long story short, this guy sold this saw to someone on FB marketplace and never took the ad down. It stopped running shortly thereafter and the guy who bought it listed it up for dirt cheap and I bought it. The tag was missing as was the recoil decal and I saw caps on the transfers and figured it was a 359. Then Dan and I discovered it was in fact a bone stock 353 with missing parts and marginal compression. Not a 357xp, not ported. I cropped the guys name out but I don't know why I'm even being that courteous.

I didn't figure all of this out until after I bought it. I don't have much money in it at all so it was really just an entertaining case of playing chainsaw detective.

View attachment 240872 View attachment 240873
I used to know a girl from Verona. I hope she wasn't the one who ripped you off.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Joe how are you buddy?? I got to see some pics of you and Scotty in action when Duane stopped by!

I am doing great Dan. How about yourself? It was great to see @Duane(Pa) and hang out with him a bit even though Scotty yelled at me for talking when I was supposed to be working hahhaha! He was just busting on me. Duane got a chance to run my ported 044 that me and Scotty built. I think he fell in love with it and they'll probably be a ported 044 in his not so distant future.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am doing great Dan. How about yourself? It was great to see @Duane(Pa) and hang out with him a bit even though Scotty yelled at me for talking when I was supposed to be working hahhaha! He was just busting on me. Duane got a chance to run my ported 044 that me and Scotty built. I think he fell in love with it and they'll probably be a ported 044 in his not so distant future.
Doing well here! Just started a 11 day forced vacation. Hopefully ill get some things done and have some fun! Going to try and make it to @JoeDirt's place to mill some oak!

A ported 044 is an awesome saw and everyone should have a couple!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome to the site @JoeDirt :hello:. Everyone it right, this is a great site with a lot of great guy's on here. I am in Altoona as well, me and @Scotty Overkill work together and cut tree's together. I think I see him more than I see my wife! :meparto:
So... you are dating now.
Where is everyone at this evening?
Packing...
Taking a trip to the canyon hunting hotknife saws and looking for Don Martins. How's youz?
Got my new clutch drug kit... good stuffs.