High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New Carb tool. Any dealers have this one?

Habada
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5fdb7b30dcb27765f68fa262b8ebd2eb.jpg

9a17f56ab438b3e559f1f4c43d759c03.jpg

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure they are. The saw makers would want people to enjoy easy serviceability and best performance from tuning the carb, but the EPA doesn't want the risk of bad emissions, which some engines are too lean or rich anyway because they can't be adjusted further.

I recently defeated the tuning cap covering the H needle on an Echo blower. The needle is in a brass tube, and a black plastic plug is pushed in to block access. I tried super gluing a toothpick to the plug to pull it out, but that didn't work. Probably 30min to an hour later after digging at it for long enough I got it out. The brass tube expands at the bottom and so does the plug, so it is a permanent design, but I was able to defeat it.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure they are. The saw makers would want people to enjoy easy serviceability and best performance from tuning the carb, but the EPA doesn't want the risk of bad emissions, which some engines are too lean or rich anyway because they can't be adjusted further.

I recently defeated the tuning cap covering the H needle on an Echo blower. The needle is in a brass tube, and a black plastic plug is pushed in to block access. I tried super gluing a toothpick to the plug to pull it out, but that didn't work. Probably 30min to an hour later after digging at it for long enough I got it out. The brass tube expands at the bottom and so does the plug, so it is a permanent design, but I was able to defeat it.
Is the low speed covered with a brass plug on the side of the carb?

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Heat up a small self tapping screw then screw it into the plastic plug and let it set till cool. Then the plug is "glued" to screw and you can pull it out with pliers. Done this more than once. Not my idea but the best option I've tried.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drilled the high speed plugs on my Echoes with a bit slightly smaller than the plug.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the low speed covered with a brass plug on the side of the carb?

The high speed is on the side and is inside a brass tube plugged with black plastic. I think the low speed is in a brass tube on top where the throttle body moves.

I'll have to try a hot screw, but drilling didn't work because the plastic can rotate in the brass tube.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the exact same style for the high jet on my backpack blower.. some German company

you can adjust it with a pick. It moves somewhat easily.
You can also take a two prong security bit and grind off one side to make it easier. These can be adjusted with a little ingenuity

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always had older saws with slotted heads. Recently fixed a 450 so I got a cheap set of different types of special carb adjustment screwdrivers. The husky spline style is actually kind of nice, way easier to get on the screw and adjust vs a slotted screw

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always had older saws with slotted heads. Recently fixed a 450 so I got a cheap set of different types of special carb adjustment screwdrivers. The husky spline style is actually kind of nice, way easier to get on the screw and adjust vs a slotted screw
It would be nice to have a socketed blade style screw driver. So just like the splined you can slip it over the jet screw give it a slight left or right to find the slot and then it falls in, not slipping off. I have a real hard time finding screws on a couple of my slotted jet style screws…

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The high speed is on the side and is inside a brass tube plugged with black plastic. I think the low speed is in a brass tube on top where the throttle body moves.

I'll have to try a hot screw, but drilling didn't work because the plastic can rotate in the brass tube.
I said it backwards, meant high speed on the side. I've installed a few aftermarket ones that didn't have the needles plugged off. Had to use a micro screw driver for the low speed jet. Carbs came with a small rubber plug to install for the low speed once it was set.

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't sure if I had one but it looks like I do. Got tired of running into all these different ones and creating tools for them from wire, and .22 shells and bought this cheap catch all set. it appears it's an "Acircle" bit in this kit on Amazon.

HIPA Pack-of-12 Carburetor Adjustment Tool Carburator Adjusting Kit for 2-Cycle Small Engine for Poulan Husqvarna STHIL ECHO Trimmer Weedeater Chainsaw

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I agree, those are my favorite kind. Way easier than using a screwdriver which likes to vibrate out of the slot.