Husqvarna CCC Ebay Store DHS Online Store

New blower time

Discussion in 'Mowers and More' started by dartman, Mar 24, 2020.

1. dartman

dartman OPE Member

Well it's time for a new blower what to choose.My last blower is a homelite I bought at Sam's club 30 years ago and has worked great but is getting tired.I have been looking at Echo and Stihl so far.The Stihl is a BG56 C-E and the Echo is a PB2520 or a

2. dartman

dartman OPE Member

Or a PB 2620,any opinions on these units?

3. Steve

Steve Excellence!

I have the 2520 and chose it over the 2620. It is both lighter and has over 100 more cfm at the same velocity. It is also 70 dollars cheaper.

I love my 2520. Starts easy and has lots pf power for a handheld blower. The curved tube keeps the turning torque off your wrist which is nice. Has an adjustable throttle lock which is nice. I also like the intake guard that keeps the fan from sucking your shirt or pant leg in it. It has a very large fuel tank too.

4. FergusonTO35

FergusonTO35 Pinnacle OPE Member

I have the PB-250, pretty sure it uses the same engine as the pro-line equivalent. It really woke up once I put an older non-cat muffler on it and you can get great deals on these as overstocks on Fleabay.

5. Likesaws

Likesaws Super OPE Member

I have an older BG 56. It’s a great blower. I also have a Mikita 4 cycle handheld blower. It is very easy to start and runs great. BHX2500, I got a great deal from Nate Ford 150 would order from him again, too bad about the fire.
    I would buy the Mikita again. Echo is a great product too. I have an Echo 530 it’s a great saw. All that being said you will probably have to adjust the valves on the 4 cycle as I had to on my 4 cycle backpack blower after two years, it would not restart when hot. After adjustment it’s like new again, not hard my first time and I had no trouble at all.

huskyboy likes this.
  6. dartman

dartman OPE Member

Sorry it took me so long to get back .Yeah Steve I saw the stats and was kind of leaning that way.Thanks
    for the insights guys......

Steve likes this.