Need some advice

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need some help with how to talk to my mom about her drinking, which has gotten out of control over the past couple of years. Every Sunday my girlfriend and I go visit my parents and have dinner with them and it's very annoying when my mom is repeating herself and my dad, my girlfriend and I have noticed that she's forgetting a lot of things. All three of us are very concerned for her. My dad hasn't drank in 30 years so it annoys him the most. I just can't seem to find the ideal time and or place to talk to her about it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alcohol melts the brain...
Maybe you will need to scare her straight.
Any history of Alzheimer on her side?Alcohol is fuel for Alzheimers saw what the combo did to my FIL he didn't last long.Unfortunately my wife took it hard and never recovered,she got depressed and ended up with diagnosed clinical depression.Then our marriage was the next victim,divorce. Our daughter took sides and i haven't heard from her in over a year.
So don't put it off,things will not get better on their own.
Good Luck

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You can tell her to stop but its just going to piss her off. Untill someone looses something in life or threat there of they wont do anything about there problem.

Id tell her your side and leave it at that. Dont give her an audience next time she ties one on get up n leave. Good luck with this its a bad position to be in man.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
3:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Urge her to see her physician to discuss, and be truthful while there.

If she has been drinking a significant amount, it’s actually dangerous to abruptly stop. It’s also much more difficult to do so, and she will get anxious/irritated/tremulous and reach for the juice faster than if not. There are ways around this, especially with strong family support (which it seems she has).