NEED HELP!! MS200t TO MS200 CONVERSION

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So I've got a MS 200t farmertec that I built a few years back, it went together pretty rough and I couldn't get the darn handle components to work properly. Saw ran great, but I couldn't get things like the on/off button, choke, and fuel levers to work properly all at the same time...

In the end, I shelfed the saw with hopes on never seeing it again. Was moving around in the building the other day and found this ole hag and I got to thinking.

If I'm going to put the time into the saw to make it run right, I ought to take the whole thing apart and put it together the right way this time with my new knowledge of saws.

I don't really need another top handle saw and I have fallen in love with the hybrid top handles like the MS200. So why not make it a ms200????

I know I need the handle assembly and a buffer to replace the carabiner hook on the but of the saw but other than that I have no clue. Has anyone else done this or have any other tips or tricks for the conversion?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I've got a MS 200t farmertec that I built a few years back, it went together pretty rough and I couldn't get the darn handle components to work properly. Saw ran great, but I couldn't get things like the on/off button, choke, and fuel levers to work properly all at the same time...

In the end, I shelfed the saw with hopes on never seeing it again. Was moving around in the building the other day and found this ole hag and I got to thinking.

If I'm going to put the time into the saw to make it run right, I ought to take the whole thing apart and put it together the right way this time with my new knowledge of saws.

I don't really need another top handle saw and I have fallen in love with the hybrid top handles like the MS200. So why not make it a ms200????

I know I need the handle assembly and a buffer to replace the carabiner hook on the but of the saw but other than that I have no clue. Has anyone else done this or have any other tips or tricks for the conversion?
You can't afford it.
Move on or buy a new 201

furb

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a lot of parts. I looked into it before and it wasn’t worth it.

DavidP71801

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have every single piece needed as a kit listed on eBay I would take $120 ship to you the Op has first shot after that it's fair game

DavidP71801

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As you can see absolutely everything is there you've got the brake handle, the rear handle, throttle linkage, kill switch and wiring, air filter, air filter mount, carb grommet, air filter cover, intake boot, the AV mount that replaces the lanyard hook, and the cold weather shutter. I parted out a rear handle saw and everything that was different than a 200t I put together as a kit for lack of a better word

DavidP71801

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is everything on a saw as you can see it is everything you need to change a 200t or 020t into a 200 or 020

0605211755.jpg 0605211755a.jpg

furb

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told the carb is also different. The dealer said that so I can’t verify that.

DavidP71801

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The original rear handle had a c1q-s61 same as the early top handles then the top changed to a c1q-s126 but the rear handle stayed with the s61 but now it really doesn't matter because both the s61 and s126 supersede to the s127. Personally I run a C1q-s32 from a 020t because it doesn't have the accelerator pump that will fail. Some say you give up throttle response with the s32 but personally I can't tell a difference. Ive had the s32 in my 020t since new in 98 or so and in my 200t since 2010 without a problem. Before then I was replaceing the carb every other year or so in the 200t