High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My little Brother Rob is gone.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Passed away Tuesday night around 9:00 PM. he was 71 years 4 months & 7 days old.
Many fond memories thru the years together.

My brother Rob and I when young fought tooth and nail. But he would work with me on some things. I absolutely hate waking up at 4:00 AM in the morning to go to work. I traded cleaning the manure out of the barn and bringing in fire wood so I would not have to get up and go milk cows on the farm.

I moved away in 1964 and about a year later got my draft notice and went off to waste 2 years of my life.

I had no sooner returned home when Rob was drafted. One thing the army was doing in those days was getting HS grads (I was a drop out) to sing up for another year 3 total with a offer to a school for radio and other special task. Many times they would later come and tell the new recruit the school was full and send them off to their duty station. In Robs case they sent him to the school that would be very worth while after he left the army, Missile school.

Maybe there was another part of the deal they sent him to Korea instead of Viet Nam.

Once he had did his time there they shipped him back to Washington states Fort Lewis.

He did a lot of tdy to the Dakota were a lot of missiles are at.

He finally was released from the army. In June 1972, one of our first things was go fishing at the local lakes. And buy a pair of 175 Yamaha duel propose bikes.

They were the same color and all that but Robs didn’t run really well and the dealer was next to worth less helping find out the problem even to the point of blaming it on the gasoline being used, same used in my bike.

We turned to our friend Jim who had been in Robs school class and ran a small engine repair shop. Jim took robs bike for two weeks messed with it. Found there was some sort of a problem with the exhaust system. A new expansion chamber exhaust make the bike work a whole lot better.

Rob also wanted a snowmobile since I had just gotten a new Arctic Cat Puma which he liked. The dealer was sold out and why he or we didn’t search for a new Cat he got a New Chaparral Fire bird 440 SS. Oh that thing was fast and that is how you needed to ride it because if you tried slowing it down the plugs would foul quick. Is funny he could run two different brands and it worked longer but would still foul out.

Also we ended up drilling the heads of all the chassis bolt heads & nuts and wiring them One Saturday night we were riding down a trail Rob slowed to make a turn one biggie truck passed him us as he was about to turn. So those bolts also got wired in.

Rob bow hunted and kept telling me I should buy a bow and start bow hunting with him. I kept saying no don’t think I want to do that, I had shot his bow a few times and just didn’t care for it.

Then he bought a compound about mid summer 1973. I shot it and thought OK I will buy a compound and start bow hunting with him.

He had been telling me for years it was so much warmer. YA right that year on Oct 7th the first weekend of the season I froze my butt off during the snow blowing windy Saturday and nearly the same Sunday but stuck with it.

We went on a building spree in the woods building stands in trees. I hunted with him till 1982.

We built Rob one in a pair of maple trees growing as twins a couple feet apart. It was our biggest and highest stand and called it Robs pent house.

Rob was aggravating when it came to rifle hunting, seemed he was always saying he didn’t know why he was taking a vacation to go deer hunting he never got. Buck any way.

I got ticked and said, well drop me off at mom & dad then you can go back to work they will be happy to see you. You are always full of negativity any, just be cause Ma is always telling to stop saying I am going to shoot a huge buck opening day.

So he started to quit whining he wasn’t going to see a buck. Got a Buck that year early opening day morning, continued for the next 14 years from the same place. Then was still always filling his tag never later than the 4th day.

More good time over the years with out Jeeps and his Bronco and his jeep.

Al

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear this Al. He sounds like he was pretty awesome and you have a lot of good memories of him. May he RIP.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear this Al[emoji30]

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats *s-wordty Al. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You celebrated his life. The great fond memories will last long after the grief has grief has passed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family Al. Thanks for sharing some memories.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loosing a family member is hard,, but a bother that you shared so many things and good times is harder..

I’m sorry to hear this....I do hope you find things you enjoy to occupy yourself through the difficult times..

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for your loss

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your bro.
I lost mine in 2009. He was 32. Lots of memories, and wonder how many more we would have made. Enjoy remembering the good stuff. Dont worry about the bad. We all gots a journey to take, and one day we are all gonna get to the next part. Enjoy the ride, expect bumpy roads along the way. Just keep going.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm the youngest of five boys.....and I'll soon be 56. So far all of my older brothers have been healthy. Well.....except for Phil. He's been shot once....was paralyzed from the neck down for the better part of a year. Lots of therapy.....

Then, years later he got burned pretty badly working in the well of his boat.

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss....good times and memories....all that a brother can ask for.....