ms880 clone

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a bit mind boggling with all the different bar mounts and and the different identification numbers as well as the adaptors. One of The many adapters is used to run stihl bars on husky’s

here’s a website in the uk that sells the adapters,, I’m not saying buy from here, but the info is there to help your mind boggling experience to understand it all :) But if your like me, it’s just easier to just ask for the adapter that fits the bar and converts it to fit the saw you have.

https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product-category/bar-maintenance-tools/
Btw the 3002 stihl mount is a bigger slot than the 3003 mount slot. E042D011-91E8-4CBC-9ECF-9B386D9989B8.png

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So no one has put one of these together yet and used it besides Walt?
Big Huskys will be out before long.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So no one has put one of these together yet and used it besides Walt?
Big Huskys will be out before long.

So are you saying there will be knock off Huskys made. Does the same place that makes the knock off stihls going to make the Huskys?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to say it,, but if you join the farmatec FB group. You will know what’s happening from the horses mouth so to speak.;)

this 880 clone was coming for a long time from the horse himself.. (manny, I think his name is)

I do know a while back they got hold of a 390 or was it a 3120. Well it was a large husky to copy. But I’ve not followed what they been upto myself for a while… as I just lost interest in the hype
And the crap fb followers thing of asking the same questions over and over, then the crap replies. It’s the same on those chicom Diesel overnight heaters.

anyhow best of luck on your quest for a big husky :)

Fleethirte

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a bit mind boggling with all the different bar mounts and and the different identification numbers as well as the adaptors. One of The many adapters is used to run stihl bars on husky’s

here’s a website in the uk that sells the adapters,, I’m not saying buy from here, but the info is there to help your mind boggling experience to understand it all :) But if your like me, it’s just easier to just ask for the adapter that fits the bar and converts it to fit the saw you have.

https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product-category/bar-maintenance-tools/
Btw the 3002 stihl mount is a bigger slot than the 3003 mount slot. View attachment 297724

Is the 3002 mount the same as D033 in Oregon standards?

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Facebook did not think about that. I will check that out. I like building kits. Don't want to build pure junk. Getting a big husky is no problem. Thank you for the help.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Fleethirte

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think this was mentioned before but not sure if the answered was discovered. Does the 880 kit come with a limited or unlimited coil?

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think this was mentioned before but not sure if the answered was discovered. Does the 880 kit come with a limited or unlimited coil?

I'm like 90% sure its limited. They sell the unlimited coil separately though.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that the unlimited coil would void the warranty. Could have made that up though. FWIT (my statement or the warranty)

Evan

Yep voids the warranty. We actually tried pushing on the Facebook groups for them to include it in the saw. But the most we could get was them making it a separate item.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How do you

do that?
You have to start with a long slot Husky mount or lengthen a Stihl 3003 mount. It won't work on most bars under 42". The tail must have a fast rise like a Cannon super bar. Getting the oil hole in the bar near the edge and keeping the chain chassis from hitting the bar plates is a balancing act. Cutting the holes without a machine shop doing it takes time with a grinder, carbon drill bit and a few other tricks there. Then a large flat file and diamond burrs. A 1/4" rat tail is nice to finish the ends of your slot. Then you can put in 038 replacement stud updates for stripped bar studs or turn down 14mm stud shoulders to 12mm.

It's not an easy task but my bar fits four mounts now with dual adjuster holes.
If it was easy everyone would do it.