High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ms880 clone

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm somewhat interested in beating one up on a mill but not for $530, and then to still swap out the case & pin bearings, and the clutch assembly off the get go. I'll wait for an OEM builder or a fairly priced used saw before that.
That's exactly how I feel about it. I would rather spend that money on a Protos helmet than a saw I'll have to modify right out the gate.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree that the starting price is fairly high, but it doesn't take a business gurus to figure out that people are buying "ported/ hotrod" knock offs on ebay for double the price of one shipped to your house, so why wouldn't they charge more? Maybe they could do a knock off of the "barf box" that looks to add 150.00$ and 5hp to a saw.
Waiting for an OEM builder might be alot tougher then most people think ,(at a reasonable price )and alls you have to do is cruise the wanted and for sale adds here or any site for confirmation of that.
The assembled saws are pretty good quality from the ones I've used and seen so as they have gotten better it just might be that were going to be paying more.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree that the starting price is fairly high, but it doesn't take a business gurus to figure out that people are buying "ported/ hotrod" knock offs on ebay for double the price of one shipped to your house, so why wouldn't they charge more? Maybe they could do a knock off of the "barf box" that looks to add 150.00$ and 5hp to a saw.
Waiting for an OEM builder might be alot tougher then most people think ,(at a reasonable price )and alls you have to do is cruise the wanted and for sale adds here or any site for confirmation of that.
The assembled saws are pretty good quality from the ones I've used and seen so as they have gotten better it just might be that were going to be paying more.
Is this what you are talking about?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164887088084?hash=item2664094bd4:g:UCMAAOSwgHlggNYE

Did that seller modify the cylinder or just assemble the saw kit?

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thompsonader

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Can yo send me a barf box?... for testing purposes :rolleyes:
:D

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I looked these guys up last night. TY for the link though'
Like the Bark Box, it looks well made and also of SS. It's a bit cheaper too!
One of my saws will get one eventually. Just to try one out. For my 440 hybrid build I think I'm going to close off the side port with a piece of tin in place of the screen. I'll weld in a piece of 3/4'' piece of tube in the front cover with a baffle on the interior end. Thinking I can put a full piece of screen across the housing before bolting the cover back on.

I noticed your link was for the 034/036/360. Did you get one? Interested to see how well it's liked.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One of my saws will get one eventually. Just to try one out. For my 440 hybrid build I think I'm going to close off the side port with a piece of tin in place of the screen. I'll weld in a piece of 3/4'' piece of tube in the front cover with a baffle on the interior end. Thinking I can put a full piece of screen across the housing before bolting the cover back on.

I noticed your link was for the 034/036/360. Did you get one? Interested to see how well it's liked.
I got an 034 but not going to open it up much if any at all. Climbing saws need economy, non ear splitting and not prone to torching the dead ones.

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I do all my own mods, so I saw a comparison video and thought they looked just as good as the bark box but with out all the snake oil.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got an email about a daddy day sale,
So today I looked, yes it’s a bit cheaper than when it first went on the market.. it’s now $482

or in Sterling £ 22 cheaper.

3AF387CE-452B-44BC-B10E-CEDE0FB837FB.png

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So today I looked, yes it’s a bit cheaper than when it first went on the market.. it’s now $482

View attachment 297387
That's a little more temping but still half a payment on some of my wish list saws. It's also a little more than I owe on my second ported saw.

EbS-P

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 297387
Still out of my price point if it was available when I got my G660. You can get two 660 s and a double head bar and have more power and capacity than a single 880 (bar might not be cheaper thought)

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still out of my price point if it was available when I got my G660. You can get two 660 s and a double head bar and have more power and capacity than a single 880 (bar might not be cheaper thought)

Double headed long bars I can usually find for cheaper or the same. This was the route I decided to take if I go over my 44".

Fleethirte

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am getting mixed information. is the 880 the same bar mount as the 660?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No it not the same mount, the bar # are 3002 for the 880 and 3003 for the 660.
However, if you get a special bar mount spacer for the 3002 bar you can fit it onto the 660