RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
got this in the mail yesterday. it works great. not a drop spilt

gasoil-jpg.134574

Yabbut, it needs about eleventy-bejesus moar fittings, fairings, nozzles, nipples, receivers, reducers, adapters, attachments, transformers, terminators, elbows, extensions, couplings, converters, collectors and conjunctions.
dizzy.gif
Do it for the POLAR BEARS!!1!1!1!

It looks like you would need a 5 gallon bucket, just to put all the 500 extra parts into while you fill it up at the gas station.

How many hundred pages is the IPL for that thing? Got spare parts? Good God, that looks like some EPA bureaucrat's bad acid trip (or wet dream).

Sorry, I don't mean to harsh on your new gizmo, but if I saw that out in the wild without an explanation, I would have thought that it was a Photochop goof.

Last edited:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
gasoil-jpg.134574

Yabbut, it needs moar fittings, adapters, attachments, reducers, transformers, connectors, junctions, couplings and converters.
dizzy.gif

It looks like you would need a 5 gallon bucket, just to put all the 500 parts into while you fill it up at the gas station.

How many pages is the IPL for that thing? Got spare parts? Good God, that looks like some EPA bureaucrat's bad acid trip.

Sorry, I don't mean to harsh on your new gizmo, but if I saw that out in the wild without an explanation, I would have thought that it was a Photochop goof.

Nah. Those are the optional components you can set it up with. I take everything off except a press fill on the mix side and a the capped pour spout for the bar oil. Easiest container ever! Sure beats the hell out of milk jugs and oil bottles. :cunaooooo:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a CJ 7 that had a 258 I6... I beat the piss out of that thing, and tried my damndest to blow it up... it started running poorly one day while my wife was driving it. Turns out one of the pushrods got the *s-word bent out of it. Swapped it for a used one from a 4.0 and ran fine after that. Not much power, but tough as nails.

If you want to have some fun take a 4.0 block and pistons and swap in the 258 crank and rods. If its fuel injected you can also use 5.0 Mustang injectors. :devil:

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nah. Those are the optional components you can set it up with. I take everything off except a press fill on the mix side and a the capped pour spout for the bar oil. Easiest container ever! Sure beats the hell out of milk jugs and oil bottles. :cunaooooo:

I'll keep using this:

1d584bbb8996f6474685cc353d10e993.jpg

It's got a grand total of four (4) parts, none of which rust, fade or crack with UV exposure.
And it should last well into the next Ice Age.

Last edited:

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want to have some fun take a 4.0 block and pistons and swap in the 258 crank and rods. If its fuel injected you can also use 5.0 Mustang injectors. :devil:
I thought about a stroker, but that old engine is long gone, and a low-mile Ls1 & NV4500 combo is waiting to be installed in its place...

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or put the 4.0 cylinder head on the 258. :drive:

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will say that the AMC I6s are great engines and have lots of low end grunt... good for wheeling and putting around town. But I think my 350 HP LS1 will be more fun. I probably should go with an auto, but I’ve been driving 3, 4, 5, and 6 speed manuals my whole life, and I really don’t mind shifting my own gears.

:drive:

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found this on youtube today. So Mr HotSaws has done it first. Both saws ported, but with small differences in terms of his own tuning stages. Both saws "psych-o-sized" (which i believe is the highest stage and above "insane-o-sized"), but the MS462 also has the SS update (maybe "super sport"?), highest stage he can do he said in stock look.

He measured the 572xp about 2 seconds faster, with a bit more grunt, 462's engine layout seems to over square in his own words to keep up with the 572 at these bar lengths in the video.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think we must add the wood was not the best for testing in that video, no flawless cut through or repeated cut.

And personally, i'm not a huge fan of multiple stages. I prefer one good package that fit's the best. I mean, how do you want to specify these "stages" individually each time? Some saw's are to different.

cant wait to see what @Mastermind came up with
Me too! :applaudit:Also by the fact that I have already made my experiences with the 462, I'm curious what he can squeeze out of it with his experience. :b1: I'm still waiting for another 462 to meet the 572xp that sits on my bench already.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Agreed. Looks like stihl finally wised up and somewhat coped the husky one.

Was :risas3: too with all the caps still attached to it.

huskycombo.jpg hcombo.jpg

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
gasoil-jpg.134574

Yabbut, it needs about eleventy-bejesus moar fittings, fairings, nozzles, nipples, receivers, reducers, adapters, attachments, transformers, terminators, elbows, extensions, couplings, converters, collectors and conjunctions.
dizzy.gif
Do it for the POLAR BEARS!!1!1!1!

It looks like you would need a 5 gallon bucket, just to put all the 500 extra parts into while you fill it up at the gas station.

How many pages is the IPL for that thing? Got spare parts? Good God, that looks like some EPA bureaucrat's bad acid trip (or wet dream).

haha. i was just to lazy to take the xtrs off. and yes that metal one is nice, old man had one till one of us ran it over in the woods:oops:. but with all those xtrs it is still better than the bailley's and northern tool ones that have those stupid California and New York approved spouts, those r a pain enough to make a preacher :argue: trying to get em to work

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found this on youtube today. So Mr HotSaws has done it first. Both saws ported, but with small differences in terms of his own tuning stages. Both saws "psych-o-sized" (which i believe is the highest stage and above "insane-o-sized"), but the MS462 also has the SS update (maybe "super sport"?), highest stage he can do he said in stock look.

He measured the 572xp about 2 seconds faster, with a bit more grunt, 462's engine layout seems to over square in his own words to keep up with the 572 at these bar lengths in the video.

They both look good, like always I think it comes down to what colors one prefers. Win/Win in my book.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
haha. i was just to lazy to take the xtrs off. and yes that metal one is nice, old man had one till one of us ran it over in the woods:oops:. but with all those xtrs it is still better than the bailley's and northern tool ones that have those stupid California and New York approved spouts, those r a pain enough to make a preacher :argue: trying to get em to work
All hail New York! Hooray! :asz:

Benjo

Some Guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I finally bought the Husqvarna combi jug a few months ago, didn't think I'd love it but it's been great. Being summer I use the push-activated spouts on both oil and fuel, really eliminates spills and takes no concentration. You used to be able to order them on US amazon (from the UK, they don't meet U.S. requirements of being red etc.) but that seems to have disappeared, so I found that amazon in Canada had them and I had one within a week. Nice thick plastic, place to throw a brush to clean around caps, and you can either make your own gallon marks for mixing (3.8l) or use the CC marks on a ratio-rite for the 5 liter capacity (125cc/ml for 40:1 for instance).

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know a mentioned wanting to see a 7900 against these. But how about a true 7300 specs indicate 5.7 hp it should be right in the hunt! And a plus to a guy like me is no strato and screwdriver tunability!

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Dolmars (except the 5100/05)......and 2 series Husqvarnas. And the Echo 600 series. And most Stihls (except the MS880)

It's not a matter of brand loyalty.......it's a matter of calling a spade a spade.

@Mastermind...why no love for Dolmar 5100/5105? Just curious what you don't like about them. They seem to be a stout 50cc saw. Not as light and nimble as some others but strong.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can answer that for Randy, it's the Carb, the only carb that fits is the OEM and it is small as hell, hard to make power when you can't feed it the fuel it takes to make it. I have a t4driller ported 5105 and he swears he has more time in the carb then the cylinder, he had to get creative to get it to run but it is a finicky saw, runs stronger then my 346xp that's ported when it's right, but the 346 is about as reliable as a hammer compared to it.