MS462C - 572XP Comparison

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I guess the long stroke of the Husky gives it a torque advantage with a longer bar (than 28"). Well, if I were going to run longer than 28" I would get a bigger saw than either of these guys.

So, with the large power to weight advantage of the Stihl over the Husky (the weight difference is huge), I would go with the Stihl hands down.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I guess the long stroke of the Husky gives it a torque advantage with a longer bar (than 28"). Well, if I were going to run longer than 28" I would get a bigger saw than either of these guys.

So, with the large power to weight advantage of the Stihl over the Husky (the weight difference is huge), I would go with the Stihl hands down.

How do you feel about the Stihl not being very ecofriendly since you have to dump gas on the flippy caps to clean them off?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm you're huckleberry! They've actually dropped in price by about 50 EU just recently. PM me if you are interested.

1080 EU + shipping is Stihl's advertised price right now.

They are dropping them in price yet they can't ship them over here?
Someone in marketing needs a kick in the sack.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm guessing there is a joke buried here that I havent read up too lol
There is....

Smart man.

How do you feel about the Stihl not being very ecofriendly since you have to dump gas on the flippy caps to clean them off?

Bawahahaha! If it don't pull a 33", it ain't for me....

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are dropping them in price yet they can't ship them over here?
Someone in marketing needs a kick in the sack.

Almost all dealers won't even ship within the country. I have to drive pretty far to pick up saws sometimes, according which dealer has them. Stihl is kind of like Apple with their proprietary stuff.

Original list price was 1199 EU. I was able to get them for 1120 EU before, but now we are slowly getting better.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have never had to do that, and the traditional caps seem to have a lot more leaks due to cap failure than the flippys. With AM saws, almost 100% of traditional caps leak, and non of the flippys so far.