High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS 361 build will not start

Ksaws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Also check the seal of the compensator 'snort' from the carb to the filter backing shroud. Mine o-ring had about a 1mm (.40) gap around it. Fixded it with a new o-ring. I noted in the pic of the pressure/vac testing the carb wasn't part of it.
And yes the carbs on these are poop. Once sorted and muffermodded mine does run well.

Last edited:

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello all. New here. Been lurking for a while

Had this exact problem on my 361 build and discovered the spacer that goes around the intake boot the carb bolts up against was a whisker too thick and prevented the boot from sealing to the carb properly. Thinned it a bit on a belt sander (I know the implications of mentioning a belt sander around here but don't worry, no cylinders will ever get near it....) and problem went away.

Worth trying. And btw it runs quite well for something with no oem parts. It's my loaner saw so I'm not too fazed if it craps itself.

Oh and the tank vent needed a hole made in it as it was fully sealed..

Welcome to the forum Brother :)

timberjack90

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will have to try this intake ring idea also I had three one worked great the next one is sold to a guy eventually went bad like two tanks after he bought it and the one I kept ran good with a 460 carb modded to fit but always needed re tuning and finally gave up on

429p

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their input, and to give an update. i have the MS 361 running right now. I am not sure exactly what my problem was. I think it may have been where the manifold boot, impulse line, and carburetor fit together. Anyway, it starts and runs now. The only problem is that after I run the saw, I can not get a restart until the saw cools off, or sits for a while. Thanks for the help!

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And sometimes a spark plug can do the same thing.. heat changes the resistance and the compression also makes it harder for it to spark. live seen it on an 056 swapped the plug and it started every time afterwards when hot.

if you have another saw you could swap the plug over. The faulty spark plug can work in another saw because the compression is different, but bin it