MS 200t fun

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That one your referring to is an teardrop shaped one. Big hole for coil wire. Small for kill switch.

Yeh teardrop so you can get the spade connector through, iirc it goes in the case under the front part of the handle ?
It earths out via the on off switch to a ground wire bolted to the case which holds the front av on
If that makes sense ;)

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh teardrop so you can get the spade connector through, iirc it goes in the case under the front part of the handle ?
It earths out via the on off switch to a ground wire bolted to the case which holds the front av on
If that makes sense ;)
Yep. Right behind the flywheel.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got it together. First tank of initial start. Ran awesome. Never got hot, but warm. Finally got a B/C on it and put it in wood. Once it got hot, it would fall on its face. Literally hit idle rpm and die. Pressure/vac test and it was leaking behind the handle housing. Thought it was the intake boot. Nope! That's fine. Put Mighty Vac on just the impulse line and found it. Bubbled under pressure like crazy. Apparently, the housing didn't seal and my soldering iron fixed it. Just more Farmertec fun I suppose? Way in the back of it, in the run of where the impulse line goes threw the housing. 20210918_164723.jpg

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Btw. Anybody have HL Supply not respond to emails? I sent one 2 weeks ago about missing parts in my kit and was wondering who I contact for replacement. Haven't heard a thing back. And I'm 3 emails deep in it now. Its really weird.

telejed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Btw. Anybody have HL Supply not respond to emails? I sent one 2 weeks ago about missing parts in my kit and was wondering who I contact for replacement. Haven't heard a thing back. And I'm 3 emails deep in it now. Its really weird.

The only thing I was missing from a kit was the worm gear. I emailed them about something else but never had a response. Buy cheap get cheap I guess.

Someone, somewhere listed parts that they recommend getting OEM.

Throttle and Choke linkage, metal parts and the pivot connectors (that is what I found with mine that didn't work, platsic pivots bent while trying to engage the choke and made the rod pop off at the carb).

Intake Boot, Impulse Line

I also went with:

Bearings and Seals
P&C
Tank Vent
Carburetor

Even with the overpriced ebay P&C (I think I could order one from Europe to the Midwest cheaper) it still cost less than a new 201t, will probably run and cut better. Only fired it up for the first time the other day haven't put it in wood.

Also I kind of like the .043 gauge LP chain on them. I get the chain from bailey's online Woodland Pro brand that the tie straps have all been stamped Carlton. Can still get a Stihl bar or Woodland Pro. Chain is listed as 34LP on the site.