Mower deck wash kit

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok kinda ticked off with this one. Have a newerish scag turf tiger 60" with the 24hp efi kohler. No complaints about the mower at all.

Fast forward to the first mowing this year. We have a new dog for the kids. And well he's a poop machine. We mow close to 3ac and evidently we didn't get it all cleaned up. Now my mower and shed stink like crap.

Can someone recommend me a deck washing kit. Is their a company that makes one with three nozzles and one hookup point?

@Onan18 @backhoelover you guys have any input?

Steven

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most dogs have a "spot" or at least area. Mow his spot first?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most dogs have a "spot" or at least area. Mow his spot first?

Yeah I wish that was his case. But he just goes wherever. We are still working with him. I don't have high hopes. He's 7-8mo old so still have time. Stubborn breed (Great Pyrenees German shepherd mix) loyal and protective. Stubborn as hell.

Steven

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pile the crap in a corner of the yard and see if he gets the idea.
If that don't work pile it in his favorite place.

I had one lab that would only go in the border grass or back up to a bush.
His sister would go anywhere, usually on the path we were walking.

Your dog is gonna be huge and so is his piles good luck.

You work with boats, i do a little boat wiring and general maintenance on inshore saltwater fishing boats and lawnmowers, chainsaws etc in my spare time.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know the washer on my pusher works better with the deck slammed down in the side walk.

If it was me I envision some copper pipe set up so it would be tightly secured to the deck out of the way of the belts.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get a wash port they are easy to fit on any mower deck most good mower shops sell the kit so does eBay.

That one in the above post seems dodgy bugger pushing that under the deck and starting the blades? or does it just spray water without the blades spinning? if so it would be useless for cleaing crap out from under the deck.

There are a few different designs in the way they mount to the deck here's just one design.
images (52).jpeg images (50).jpeg

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get a wash port they are easy to fit on any mower deck most good mower shops sell the kit so does eBay.

That one in the above post seems dodgy bugger pushing that under the deck and starting the blades? or does it just spray water without the blades spinning? if so it would be useless for cleaing crap out from under the deck.

There are a few different designs in the way they mount to the deck here's just one design.
View attachment 239209 View attachment 239210

What he said.
You dont need three ports, the blades will carry the water all the way across.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"....That one in the above post seems dodgy bugger pushing that under the deck and starting the blades? or does it just spray water without the blades spinning? if so it would be useless for cleaing crap out from under the deck....."
Oh come on, we were all waiting for a report of poking the spray wand underneath a running deck.
Oh man that'd just be wrong to get a face full of the deck blast water with grass and fido fudge!
bleahh.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh come on, we were all waiting for a report of poking the spray wand underneath a running deck.
Oh man that'd just be wrong to get a face full of the deck blast water with grass and fido fudge!
bleahh.
Actually I did picture in my head the blades grabbing the magic water wand and it wrapping 30 meters of garden hose around the blades! yep it made me laugh out loud haha

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont even bother with the desk wash system on my Cub Cadet 54" zero turn, I pull 3 pins, unhook the belt, slide it out from underneath & stand the deck up then get the powerwasher and get all the crap out of it. I check & sharpen the blades if need be while its off.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my neighbors has a couple of 60~70 pound sized dogs.
His back yard is well under a half acre. He tries hard to clear out the fido fudge before mowing.
You should see just how lush the grass usually is. The front yard is just nothing in comparison for the grass growth.
I once heard the dog dropping spots referred to as "dump clumps" due to the extra tall grass clusters.
I keep wondering if maybe I should buy my neighbors brand of dog food to fertilize my grass with, instead of the regular 3 number stuff.

and Nope.
I know what you yahoos are thinking....I have no fence, so letting the dogs "fix" my yard for me is out!