• CS7310p

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Poulan wild thing... just cause

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I’m neutral...

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Ms500i with a bark box

• I don’t feel like swinging muh purse...

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • My feelings are hurt

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • 550mk2

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • A ported saw

• A dynoed saw

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Ms881

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stihlman441

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well I have had to change my vote from not swinging my purse to the STIHL MS 462 after running 1 for a while in Australian hardwood to Peaky not enough torque and this one was ported (and yes I ran it before being ported)I would rather use my 460 or my 461. make a wicked limbing saw with a 20 inch bar put a 24" or 32"and not enough torque.

I agree to a point
Yes if you need a 25” plus bar the 462 is not the saw even ported (for Ossy hard woods) but for what I do most days all day ported 462 and 20” bar perfect tool for the job
B27134F8-5169-4175-BE9E-C0C76963966B.jpeg

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Throwing in my 2 cents about most overrated saw: anything made by Stihl.:p Buy an Echo and be happy for 5 years with their warranty.

Ha! is right, rarely do this, but at least with a Stihl you can find a dealer that will service those things. Never see Echo braded saws here, I'm sure they are great saws.....where ever they exist. Stihl's while pricey have moved the industry past Autotunes into light weigh fuel injected saws with the 400 & 500i. Kind of cool, not over rated. Although not something that will pull me away from my Autotune Husqvarna's....there is a cool factor and many will go "Stihl" for that alone. So I don't know what the most over rated saw is, but I do know what the most UNDERRATED saw is, a 565 :) Before the 565 was the 441 ( Waiting for the howl )

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ha! is right, rarely do this, but at least with a Stihl you can find a dealer that will service those things. Never see Echo braded saws here, I'm sure they are great saws.....where ever they exist. Stihl's while pricey have moved the industry past Autotunes into light weigh fuel injected saws with the 400 & 500i. Kind of cool, not over rated. Although not something that will pull me away from my Autotune Husqvarna's....there is a cool factor and many will go "Stihl" for that alone. So I don't know what the most over rated saw is, but I do know what the most UNDERRATED saw is, a 565 :) Before the 565 was the 441 ( Waiting for the howl )
No howls here man, I loved my 441, beautiful, solid smooth saw, in fact, I haven't used a saw before or since that transferred so little vibration. My 500i feels like a non-anti vibe 090 in comparison.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Throwing in my 2 cents about most overrated saw: anything made by Stihl.:p Buy an Echo and be happy for 5 years with their warranty.
Yeah be happy with the 5 year warranty that damn near doesn't cover any part on the saw. :rolleyes: Read the pages of fine print before glorifying the warranty, also I've noticed the ones who love echo's 5 year warranty so much are always people who have NEVER had to make a claim. Those who have tried to make a claim make many trips and phone calls to their dealer that end in frustration & :crybaby2:...just sayin.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah be happy with the 5 year warranty that damn near doesn't cover any part on the saw. :rolleyes: Read the pages of fine print before glorifying the warranty, also I've noticed the ones who love echo's 5 year warranty so much are always people who have NEVER had to make a claim. Those who have tried to make a claim make many trips and phone calls to their dealer that end in frustration & :crybaby2:...just sayin.
Well I'm just saying I had used the warranty process, it does work, and the dealer fixed it. Just sayin...

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need to run a 576 for a bit Mark . That is ssmmmoooth .
Rogee: Is the 576 a legendary saw? I don't know anything about the older saws. Just in case I see one for sale at an old lady's garage sale.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 576xp IMO is certainly an underated saw. It's pitfall was its weight on a spec sheet, as it was heavier than the predecessor 372xp/xt it just didn't really get any recognition in the market. But....they are silky smooth to run with decent torque for its class. I remember a member couldn't sell a BNIB 576xp that had never seen wood for $600. He had it up for sale for many months, this was like 2016 and he was a reputable seller. I should have bought that saw just on price alone.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rogee: Is the 576 a legendary saw? I don't know anything about the older saws. Just in case I see one for sale at an old lady's garage sale.
I am still yet to use a saw that is as smooth to use. I have a 572 and it is smoother than that . I love using mine and they just need a base gasket delete and muffler mod to really perform . They are a little heavy for the cc but they are deceptively quick.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 576xp IMO is certainly an underated saw. It's pitfall was its weight on a spec sheet, as it was heavier than the predecessor 372xp/xt it just didn't really get any recognition in the market. But....they are silky smooth to run with decent torque for its class. I remember a member couldn't sell a BNIB 576xp that had never seen wood for $600. He had it up for sale for many months, this was like 2016 and he was a reputable seller. I should have bought that saw just on price alone.
Yes I don't really know why they didn't get the recognition they deserved. I wonder if it's because they looked bad on the spec sheet I do know the first ones with the first version of auto tune had a few issues but that was sorted reasonably quickly

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I reckon if the 576xp had been a 5-cube saw say 80-85cc's it would have been muchorw of a hit. It would have weighed the same but had a much better power to weight ratio and could have captured some of the 90cc saw market. Don't forget at the time of its release AT wasn't exactly in fashion, the hugely popular 5 series 550 & 562 were perceived problematic, had hot start issues and guess what got the blame....the new 'computer saw'. So for many it was a simple perhaps uninformed decision to go with the tried and true 372xt. Which was meant to have been discontinued.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now it's 9:40 am on the east coast. Time to pull out my Homelite XL-12 and wake up the neighbors The big question is.....how many miles away will people be waking up when I start her up?

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Way past quiet time. Let'er rip!

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, should bring that saw up to RI, drive around the ocean drive where all the "elites" live. That would definitely be fun, except there's hardly any trees there.