Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorta hoping for some conversation about how many people are going to be here on Friday and Saturday. Also if anyone is planning on bringing food or drink.

At this point, I have not found any really big logs for cookies. What we have is 30" and smaller. I'm still looking though.

Food plans for Friday.....we will have lunch in the early afternoon. In years past we gathered together to eat at a Mexican restaurant in Crossville for supper. For lunch we will probably have sub sandwiches, chips, maybe pizza, etc.

Saturday food.....We plan on doing breakfast, lunch, and dinner here at the gtg site. Shea is bringing his mobile kitchen. Anyone who wants to bring food or drink is welcome to jump in to help out.

We usually have a bonfire Friday and Saturday nights and adult beverages will be allowed of course. No alcohol during saw time please. Just use common sense here.

I think Bubba and I will saw up a couple of 10" cants, about five 8" cants, and at least one 6" cant for under 3 cube racing. We plan to leave a log or two unsawn for Friday. I figure someone might enjoy helping saw a log into lumber on the mill.

Wifes and kids are welcome, and we encourage you to consider this a family friendly event. I only ask that everyone acts responsibly and respectfully around our family members.

Thoughts, questions, criticism?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorta hoping for some conversation about how many people are going to be here on Friday and Saturday. Also if anyone is planning on bringing food or drink.

At this point, I have not found any really big logs for cookies. What we have is 30" and smaller. I'm still looking though.

Food plans for Friday.....we will have lunch in the early afternoon. In years past we gathered together to eat at a Mexican restaurant in Crossville for supper. For lunch we will probably have sub sandwiches, chips, maybe pizza, etc.

Saturday food.....We plan on doing breakfast, lunch, and dinner here at the gtg site. Shea is bringing his mobile kitchen. Anyone who wants to bring food or drink is welcome to jump in to help out.

We usually have a bonfire Friday and Saturday nights and adult beverages will be allowed of course. No alcohol during saw time please. Just use common sense here.

I think Bubba and I will saw up a couple of 10" cants, about five 8" cants, and at least one 6" cant for under 3 cube racing. We plan to leave a log or two unsawn for Friday. I figure someone might enjoy helping saw a log into lumber on the mill.

Wifes and kids are welcome, and we encourage you to consider this a family friendly event. I only ask that everyone acts responsibly and respectfully around our family members.

Thoughts, questions, criticism?
Got it 6x6 cant is for the big husky saws

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saturday looks like it’s going to be my day. My long term outlook schedule looks like we’ll be slipping concrete that Friday, so that looks like a 4:30 in the morning to 6:00 in the afternoon day or thereabouts. That time of year we’ll start in the dark and stop in the dark, because why not?

Do you have anything you want brought down?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saturday looks like it’s going to be my day. My long term outlook schedule looks like we’ll be slipping concrete that Friday, so that looks like a 4:30 in the morning to 6:00 in the afternoon day or thereabouts. That time of year we’ll start in the dark and stop in the dark, because why not?

Do you have anything you want brought down?
When we get closer we will hopefully get more discussion about what people are planning on bringing. Then we'll know more.

Reactions: Lnk