Makita EA3601...the most intriguing saw to date

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
like we have a choice in the world.

Pretty much. However, if it's between "made in China and profits going to a Chinese company that copied another company's design" and "made in China and profits going to a European or American company that created the design themselves," there definitely is a lesser evil there. Also, I agree with you; I would prefer buying a Dolmar made in Germany. I own two and love them.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 3601 seems like a very nice saw. If made in Germany, Japan, or USA I might be scheming to get one. Or, if I found a good deal on a used one since the commies have already made their money from it. Makita sells a sweet little top handle that is made in Japan, I think by Yamabiko. It's not officially available here but you can buy one on Fleabay, I wonder if it is the same as the Echo CS-271?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 3601 seems like a very nice saw. If made in Germany, Japan, or USA I might be scheming to get one. Or, if I found a good deal on a used one since the commies have already made their money from it. Makita sells a sweet little top handle that is made in Japan, I think by Yamabiko. It's not officially available here but you can buy one on Fleabay, I wonder if it is the same as the Echo CS-271?
I dont think you will be scheming to get a 3601.....

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No. In any event, my Echo CS-400 has me covered in that department, made in the USA for about the same price. The 3601 is a neat design though.
Lol I was just thinking that the 3601 and cs400 would be somewhat competitive on the consumer level. That would be a cool side by side. The 400 has earned a almost cult following by some. I would like to use one for a few weeks.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I dont think you will be scheming to get a 3601.....
I don't believe its made in any of your 3 choice destinations. This is the one we get here...Dolmar don't even have it in the catalogue .

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 15.13.18.png

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
[emoji41] Blue! Me like!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We keep the Makita blue and dont get the Makita orange /black like your saw . Twists and turns of a global market :rolleyes:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes...
I'm getting to it Dominick....

Hurray!!! I must have missed where you said you were gonna hawg yours out. I'm excited to see the results, if they have good gains I want to get one for my gramp

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hurray!!! I must have missed where you said you were gonna hawg yours out. I'm excited to see the results, if they have good gains I want to get one for my gramp

So far it's a little cold blooded, but every time I run it it gets stronger, and it's still stock. Impressive little bugger!

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much. However, if it's between "made in China and profits going to a Chinese company that copied another company's design" and "made in China and profits going to a European or American company that created the design themselves," there definitely is a lesser evil there. Also, I agree with you; I would prefer buying a Dolmar made in Germany. I own two and love them.

Also another important part of your statement if the company concerned has there own premise with there own stringent management then it's a better scenario

I know in Germany each Dolmar product is started and finished by one person