High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Let's Talk TachsTachs

Brian Simonseth

CANCER AND STROKES SUCKS
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
thats like one on my 440 ,nice and small in size ,i just ordered 2 more for a couple of other saws .
View attachment 8894

Couple years back I bought 5 of them and really like them when I first start running a saw I rebuilt :)

MS 250 tach on handle - One of Saw Troll fav saw

001-2.jpg

One of tachs on all these saws but the 026

Top MS390 then MS 261 then two MS 250's

005a.jpg

Last edited:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Subscribing.
Best overall for 1 tach operation would probably go to the dti 20k, . .

I bought one of those because the battery is replaceable, unlike some of the others. If I used it every day, and it lasted several years with a non-replaceable, that would be OK. But I use mine infrequently. Good to hear others like it as well. I like the idea of the small ones for mounting on the saws, like junkman's.

Philbert

Last edited:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to make a small bracket to mount my hard line. I have a maxflo so I'll be mounting it between the filter housing and the cylinder cover.(on top of the carb housing) but I want it angled back so it's easier to read, I'll post up some pics when I get done

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a real clean job !!!
looks great !!!
It came with double stick tape ,if i ever remove i will just pop the white tag off and put one without a hole in it and will not even be able to tell it was there. My bar wrench is where yours are mounted,i like where it is at can read the rpms in the cut easy.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm seeing those little ones for about $40 on eBay. Is that right? Better places to get them?
(did not see them on HL Supply)

Battery life?

Thanks.

Philbert

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm seeing those little ones for about $40 on eBay. Is that right? Better places to get them?
(did not see them on HL Supply)

Battery life?

Thanks.

Philbert
yeah all from ebay. so far 2 years and still working. non serviceable tho.. once flat game over.. hope to get at least 3 to 4 years from one.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been looking at tachs myself. HL didn't have them I asked the Gentleman.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to do more than just talk tachs I want some advice. Currently I have 3. Why 3 well that's a long story. But the most used is probably the oppama corded tach. I like the corded ones as the have the best cycle rate. Best overall for 1 tach operation would probably go to the dti 20k, and the stihl well its my least favorite. Only bought it because I thought I needed it for the 661cm builds. Know all this said. I would like some really small corded tachs I can just 2 sided tape to the top of the saw and run. I do want corded so I can just tape the wire to the coil wire. Any recommendations? View attachment 8849
I have the Obama. Has pretty good luck with it.