Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had great luck with the Tecumseh two cycle engines, I would buy it, Got to love a engine swap! That thing is cool looking with the chrome covers.

Was that motor a factory option for them?

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No not that I ever know of, they had Briggs four stroke early on, then OMC two cycle till toro bought them out then they got Briggs and Tecumseh on the cheap ones. They also stopped the staggered wheel deck. I would love to have a lawn boy M series with oil injection so you didn’t have to mix. I think that engine was designed in partnership with Suzuki.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No not that I ever know of, they had Briggs four stroke early on, then OMC two cycle till toro bought them out then they got Briggs and Tecumseh on the cheap ones. They also stopped the staggered wheel deck. I would love to have a lawn boy M series with oil injection so you didn’t have to mix. I think that engine was designed in partnership with Suzuki.

Ok I was wondering about the motor history . I thought I read somewhere that Tecumseh made some 2 strokes for them at one time. And didn't the 2 stroke Toros use a Suzuki motor?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We shied away from oil injection types in the seventies and eighties. Suzuki bikes worked the best imo. We disabled most others and ran mix.
I like stagger. It has better discharge imo.

Ok I was wondering about the motor history . I thought I read somewhere that Tecumseh made some 2 strokes for them at one time. And didn't the 2 stroke Toros use a Suzuki motor?
I believe Toro was it's own design knocked off from OMC. Others should chime in.

Buy that phat looking mutt and port it. If the chrome is good....
.:aaaaa::b1: Wayne's World

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are all older LB decks aluminum? Or were some magnesium?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i can double check mine sometime but im sure magnesium

I'll get the model number later. Maybe one of this hoarders can tell that by that.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some are mag some are aluminum the mag ones are usually the first year of the model, I had several that said magnesium stamped in the deck, ether way it can be welded, I use a Tig welder capable of A/C, and the mag rod.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm also have a lawnboy 2-stroke inventory . These are some (just a couple) of my current running collection. Lawnboy_M-Commericial[1].jpg 20200930_132737[1].jpg Lawnboy_M-Oil_Injected-2.jpg Lawnboy_M-Oil_Injected[1].jpg
there are more , a couple bricktops green and one tan, a electric start from about 1986 and other parts machines.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The M oil injected mower is going through a restoration. This mower was in poor shape when picked up for the bargain price of Free from a Craigslist posting this spring. The deck needed welding, the carb was cleaned several time's, eventually running jet brushes through the orfaces to get it to meter correctly. It needed a new coil, the fuel valve /filter assy, and more. Still to come is the rear wheel drive conversion to the later style wheels/drive gear.

mr2omar58

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a law boy liberty. Runs, self propelled, I mowed with it last night. What is it worth?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a law boy liberty. Runs, self propelled, I mowed with it last night. What is it worth?

Probably about zero dollars with out seeing pictures.

mr2omar58

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have the bag and bagger attachment