Large Homelite bar crossover?

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am thinking about picking up a large frame Homelite and it seems the Oregon F014 mount bars arent the easiest to come across. Does anyone know if any other bars with a similar tail profile that can be made to fit? Possibly D025 with an adapter or maybe Stihl 3002 mount? I can build an adapter if the oil/tensioner holes can be made to fit. Just want a little more info before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance for any help.

Eccentric

Yes, we do have trees in Wyoming.
Local time
8:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
  • Ross that's a Windsor UXL mount on your SXL925. Similar to an Oregon D096 or D007. Too narrow to work right on an F014 mount saw. Seen UXL/D096/etc mount bars used on F014 mount saws a few times (often with evidence of damage to the saw and/or bar and chain). Not good.

Seen damage to the clutch cover, bar pad, and bar plates from rivet contact. Also have seen evidence of damage to the bar rails/groove from poor oiling. The F014 saws have oiler holes far enough from the bar centerline that the oil just oozes out above the rail of the UXL/D096/etc bar. Some oil gets picked up by the side plates and cutters, but not much gets to the drivers or the rails and groove...

IIRC, some guys (Al Smith for one, if I'm remembering right) have adapted D025 or D033 bars to F014 mount saws with success. I haven't attempted it yet. Oiler passage and tail width (chain cleadance) considerations would need to be closely watched....

Eccentric

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are still many F014 mount bars floating around, including some NOS stock. Sprocket nose bars are getting scarce, but hardnose and roller nose aren't hard to find, especially in 30" and shorter lengths. A boatload of NOS Carlton F014 mount hardnoses hit the market about 5-6 years ago. Still a few on the bay and elsewhere. When they first hit, 42", 50", and 60" lengths were available. 24-36" NOS Carltons still show up on eBay.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpeg I think this could be one of if my memory serves me right it was on a 2100 auto I might be barking up the wrong tree the moon is shining bright here tonight

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can use a 3002 Stihl mount bar with Cannon's ring spacers and re-drilling the oil and adjuster holes. I've done this a few times as well as using Mac bars. On bars 42" and under I would just watch Ebay.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Andrew that bar looks like large mount 3002 Stihl mount
with 14mm slot.
I can't imagine not being able to find a bar to fit large Homelites.
Large Mac bars have been easily modded a tad to work as well.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3002 bars work on both Homelite and Mac's. A Mac or Homelite bar will work on either saw with mods mentioned.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all of the info! I have some expensive vehicle repairs that just popped up so I won't be buying the saw but I will hopefully find one someday and will try to fit up some common bars and pass along anything that I learn. Thanks again guys!

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What model is the saw. Someone here including myself might be interested if your going to pass on it.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For anyone close to middle Georgia, I'm considering parting with my entire Homelite collection. (I mean accumulation)... Looking for someone to take it all for one money. @Eccentric ? Northern California isn't all that far, is it?

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Andrew that bar looks like large mount 3002 Stihl mount
with 14mm slot.
I can't imagine not being able to find a bar to fit large Homelites.
Large Mac bars have been easily modded a tad to work as well.

Thanks lee it is a stihl mount as you say after checking against the Sugihara 3002 bars I've got some 42" bars going spare so might sell one and couple the other up too the 125

Eccentric

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For anyone close to middle Georgia, I'm considering parting with my entire Homelite collection. (I mean accumulation)... Looking for someone to take it all for one money. @Eccentric ? Northern California isn't all that far, is it?

LOL. Northern Ca just is a litle ways away from Georgia. Mamma would skin me if I bought out another collection now too. Saw expenditures are definitely on the back burner for a while.....