Trader history (0)

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I've had some time to use the two saws that Kevin LaVanway ported for me and they run so strong! I first sent him a 880, he called me when my saw was on the bench and we spoke about what I wanted out of the saw. He is easy to work with and very good at what he does..this 880 is an absolute pleasure to run now. I had been down all the usual paths with a previous 880 unlimited coil, timing advance,. carb work, muffler opened up and still no joy..fast forward to this 880 that I put together, I wasn't messing around I just sent it to Kevin and let me tell you what, this saw is leaps and bounds ahead of what I had after all the mods to my previous 880. The old saw ran better than stock but the tune was not easy to keep consistent, it would four stroke, and then lean out, then you would get it setup on the high end then the low end would give me fits..finally I put it all back to stock and sold it. I kinda gave up on a 880, then I happened on a straight gassed 880 somebody had finished off with a screwdriver piston stop, that was like brand new otherwise. I got a OEM cylinder and piston, broke them in and sent it off to Kevin. I couldn't be happier, no more tuning problems and it runs like a big saw should, crisp and a strong power band. ...Not too long after I bought a like new 660 from a forum member, and for a week or so cut with it. I thought about not porting it..but..I had such good results from Kevin on the 880 that I caved in and had him port the 660..lol!!Its true once you go ported, nothing is ever gona scratch the wood quite the same. Any how the 660 has had a fair bit of time on it now also and it runs like a champ! Four strokes clear as a bell, nice wide power band..it keeps getting better the more I run it.

Joel

Attachments

• 16283860521437537734598366891698.jpg
    16283860521437537734598366891698.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

powderhound

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I sent Kevin a nearly new 395xp. It is truly an awesome saw and a big difference over stock. He is easy to deal with, his prices are reasonable, and he gets the job done in a timely fashion. I could not be happier and recommend him without reservation.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From an old guy that is new to saw building, I just wish I could come close to your builds.
I'm getting better and learning.
I really like your YT vids.
Clint
Don’t know about all that, but thank you. They aren’t always jazzy, just trying to get the owner what I think he wants