Just wait until you burn it

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always amazes me at this time of year that the couple rich people on our road have a truck load of rounds dumped in their driveway or yard. Then they go rent a splitter and start splitting the rounds about the middle of September. One guy is still splitting. All that ambience of having the fireplace burning for the holidays is asking for trouble. I guess all that physical activity must last all year.

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only wood I have for the winter is what I have cut in the last couple of months but it's probably going to be a couple more months before my place is ready to live in

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my neighborhood, and I guess most of Croatia, people (try) to burn fresh bucked and split wood from firewood logs.
I have seen it at one neighbor who's logs I bucked.
I can also tell by the steaming and smoking chimneys all around me that many households burn unseasoned firewood .

I am currently burning "ugly" wood from last years orchard clearing, mostly plum and some apple.
It burns very well having had over 12 months time to dry out.
I am ahead with processed firewood.
Ready to burn at least worth 2 seasons, and another 2 seasons worth bucked and split but not yet stacked (holzhausen sitting in the ground, bad practice, doesn't dry well).
Plus the at least one season worth of logs that I am anxious to continue to play with.
On top of all that there is about 1/3rd season worth of bone dry beech/hornbeam/ash in my shed that keeps being left over. This is being restacked to the front of the shed so it finally gets used up.

The sense of commodity of the "modern human being" has become ridiculously similar to complete stupidity!
Watch "Idiocracy" and You'll understand what I mean.
"So, You didn' know that winter comes the 11th each year?! Poor You, Your kids are freezing because You haven't a single piece of firewood left from last season? Awww."
F You!
Go and burn that fancy car You are flashing year round, or the 1k€ phone You think You must own. Or try staying warm on the fond memories of those annual summer AND winter vacations You keep bragging about on FB each and every year! Tell me afterwards how that went!
Idiots, let them freeze their D's off so that they can't procreate no more!!!

And people wonder why I am keeping to myself.
Give me a log pile and a Dolmar PS-6400 and I don't even want anyone around me to ruin my good mood!
Whoohoo, long live CAD :b1:

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my neighborhood, and I guess most of Croatia, people (try) to burn fresh bucked and split wood from firewood logs.
I can also tell by the steaming and smoking chimneys all around me that many households burn unseasoned firewood .

I am currently burning "ugly" wood from last years orchard clearing, mostly plum and some apple.
Ready to burn at least worth 2 seasons, and another 2 seasons worth bucked and split but not yet stacked (holzhausen sitting in the ground, bad practice, doesn't dry well).
Plus the at least one season worth of logs that I am anxious to continue to play with.
On top of all that there is about 1/3rd season worth of bone dry beech/hornbeam/ash in my shed that keeps being left over. This is being restacked to the front of the shed so it finally gets used up.

The sense of commodity of the "modern human being" has become ridiculously similar to complete stupidity!
"So, You didn' know that winter comes the 11th each year?! Poor You, Your kids are freezing because You haven't a single piece of firewood left from last season? Awww."
F You!
Go and burn that fancy car You are flashing year round, or the 1k€ phone You think You must own. Or try staying warm on the fond memories of those annual summer AND winter vacations You keep bragging about on FB each and every year! Tell me afterwards how that went!

Give me a log pile and a Dolmar PS-6400 and I don't even want anyone around me to ruin my good mood!
Lol tell us how you really feel wilhelm

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

F You!

Long live CAD

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those snapped off hickories are more common than one would think . In most cases caused by ants that weaken them .