From 1/2" to a tad over 3/4" dia

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't get my head around cutting the section nearest the exhaust. of course you've had it in your hands and I'm looking at pictures on my phone.

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't get my head around cutting the section nearest the exhaust. of course you've had it in your hands and I'm looking at pictures on my phone.

Why or how?
Why cause Ferris's was done like that. And at the top it's way narrower than the width of the port.
How. One hand holding muffler the other the dremel. Rounded cylindrical burr and patience. Stainless steel is *s-word to grind.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like that structure around the exhaust port is for rigidity of the muffler and maybe for noise reduction. Just my guess.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
oh we ran Masterminds 241 and my stock but with muffler mod 241. same bar and chain which was a brand new loop RS from stihl.

my 241 22.47 Muf mod
Skips 241 17.4 Mastermind ported

That's a big difference.

Skip's MS241 has not been gutted either.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 462 is done and ready for testing tomorrow! Sorry for the interruption, we had two christian holiday's this week (thanks to martin luther and the all saint's) and understandably, its not a good idea in my local area to start a muffler modded and ported chainsaw on these day's :angel2:

aFeZmkj.jpg

But tomorrow the time is right! I will go back to my test wood from the beginning. And luckily, another two 462's are on the way to me. So i can test stock vs ported head to head next week in one single video. Maybe i have found some gains, we will see :eusa_whistle:

Oh, and here's a super quick video of the saw from today after re-calibration (new style on MT 2.0! 30 sec on triangle and after that you have to hit full throttle for another 30sec for calibration) with some starting, throttle testing and noodling in old, dry beech wood behind my barn. No real testing but better than nothing :clapclap:

So far i'm really excited with the saw :Laie_22mini:

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
whats the comp stock and what is it after porting if you cut the base and set squish? timing numbers?

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 462 is done and ready for testing tomorrow! Sorry for the interruption, we had two christian holiday's this week (thanks to martin luther and the all saint's) and understandably, its not a good idea in my local area to start a muffler modded and ported chainsaw on these day's :angel2:

aFeZmkj.jpg

But tomorrow the time is right! I will go back to my test wood from the beginning. And luckily, another two 462's are on the way to me. So i can test stock vs ported head to head next week in one single video. Maybe i have found some gains, we will see :eusa_whistle:

Oh, and here's a super quick video of the saw from today after re-calibration (new style on MT 2.0! 30 sec on triangle and after that you have to hit full throttle for another 30sec for calibration) with some starting, throttle testing and noodling in old, dry beech wood behind my barn. No real testing but better than nothing :clapclap:

So far i'm really excited with the saw :Laie_22mini:

Looking good! Thanks for the update.