Inside the MS462C

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:eaea: I'm at home now with videos on my GoPro, i had some other things left to do around the farmhouse. Give me some time to cook, eat and take a shower, than i will cut the videos an put'em online later:clap2:

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:eaea: I'm at home now with videos on my GoPro, i had some other things left to do around the farmhouse. Give me some time to cook, eat and take a shower, than i will cut the videos an put'em online later:clap2:
We are waiting ;)

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's it!

I'm 85% enjoyed about the outcome but i think there is something left in the bottom. But it's my first try and a new saw with a new design :rolleyes:
The saw is apart again now for some overlooking, compression was near 190 psi.

The next 462 will arrive on wednesday next week, then i can do more precise testing against the ported one.
Oh and the chain i used is really a tad to much for this kind of wood, rakers to agressive. (Pack of new chains are on the way for better testing ;) )

I'm now out for a birthday party, more informations tomorrow :Laie_22mini:

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
be interested to know with just timing and muffler mod the improvement.

i tried milling with mine yesterday with a 32" bar.. although not a full cut it struggled in the clutch dept. i might push the pin in like on the 661 to get more oil cause it seems a little dry. but blocking, gee shes a strong girl!
great work Steph!

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes and no, i'm impressed with the power from the free mod's, the saw really like's it! (beware oft the gasket delete, i was at 0,017" squish, not a good idea in the long run i think).

But like i mentioned, the chain was overdone for this testrun. My fault..... I had to resharpend it and wanted more stress because of the relatively small log, but the angles and rakers are to much for hard wood.
Even the 661 lost a second with this chain (you can see the 661 cut's before in the muffler mod/timing advance video). When the new stock 462 arrives next week i will do another testing in 28x24" block out of spruce building timber, with new out of the box chain, 7 and 8 pin and more cuts. :ARMS1:

Last edited:

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm wondering what a squish band and Base cut without porting would run like, with muff and timing too

Can someone please fly to Germany and get Randy one please, just remove all identifying marks and strip down first, maybe send in more than one box.

Bloody customs

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i have no problem with sending some MS 462 spare parts :D
First problem is, they are damn expensive here.
i think i have to pay around 1000 euros for a new one :(

instead i just use our demo machine for testing timing advance and muffler mods :D

Last edited:

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm wondering what a squish band and Base cut without porting would run like, with muff and timing too

Can someone please fly to Germany and get Randy one please, just remove all identifying marks and strip down first, maybe send in more than one box.

Bloody customs
Was wondering the same thing Andy there must be someone out there capable of getting one over the line