Input Needed On New Forum Ideas

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Marshy's idea, but I don't think there are a lot of stones that have not yet been turned over on this site, and we do have a builders review section and it has provided some useful information.

I still love seeing build threads, and how folks like to do things, but sometimes folks like different methods. For example, I feel I've gotten pretty good at putting 440, 460 and 660 case halves together with not much more than a heat gun and a hammer … I really have no desire to get a fancy tool to help me to it.

And I still enjoy the porting discussions, you can learn so much … but also wonder what is not being revealed … it is intriguing!

Your backlog, and your focus on new saws, speaks volumes on the success of this site!

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the idea of a builders map, maybe just include a little bio of the builder in it and have the members who are seeking work contact them themselves by pm or phone if the builder wants.
I am always leery of a points system because that is subjective. It all depends on whos a dick and if they are prone to periods of PMS. Some people, no matter how hard you try, can not be pleased. Those of us who deal with John Q Public and have had bad experiences with eBay can vouch for that. It reminds me of Communism, 1 little slip up and your life might be over. Maybe just have one person recieve complaints from the Ads section, that way if somebody is getting a couple of complaints then that person has the ability to investigate and suspend or terminate his/her ability to do business on the site. Somewhat like a points system but it makes people accountable. And to make it fair that 1 person has to seek the input from 2 other moderators on the subject of termination or suspension. Just my 2 cents.
I do like a section on unorthodox ideas or just plain old what works for you in what situation.
And another suggestion, get the search function so it actually searches for ALL the words you type in the box first, instead of just one or none! ;)

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And another suggestion, get the search function so it actually searches for ALL the words you type in the box first, instead of just one or none! ;)

Use Google Tom. Just include the site name in the search. Works better than anything I've found.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the people having trouble searching.
In google precede what you are looking for with site:eek:peforum.com
It will search just this site and do a far better job than the native search feature here. For instance, copy and paste into google...

site:eek:peforum.com pants off dance off

EDIT: for some reason it is changing the format on me.

should be

site : opeforum.com

without the spaces around the colon

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's fine, but what about new members that don't know about the work around to the broken search function?

I use Tapatalk 99% of the time because there's no high-speed internet around my house. Any extra steps to do a search is frustrating.