srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 102746

You were awefully close... I went with the 22 mag single 9 and 45-70 Magnum Research

As for the third I'd probly get a long range single shot with a decent bipod and scope
I thought about including a TC Encore, simply for the versatility but I can do everything with a rifle I can do with an Encore.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It takes awhile to get the trigger fingerd out. It was much better before I sent it in for the recall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Mine was better after the recall. I prefer the G19 gen 4 now. 17 rounds of 9mm over 8 45

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine was better after the recall. I prefer the G19 gen 4 now. 17 rounds of 9mm over 8 45
Definitely like the round count. But for CC I like a smaller piece. Now if we're in a shtf situation there would be a different choice [emoji38]

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely like the round count. But for CC I like a smaller piece. Now if we're in a shtf situation there would be a different choice [emoji38]

It fit in the XDS holster til I found another one. No difference for me to keep either concealed

Last edited:

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What would they be, in what chambering and why?
Many adult beverages have been consumed around many campfires and wood stoves, trying to determine the answer.
For each of us it's different but for all of us, a daunting question. Hopefully, one we'll never need to answer in earnest.

From a purely practical standpoint....

Top-Ruger single six convertible in .22lr & .22M. Because you need a .22 handgun and the extra cylinder in .22M gives it the edge.

Middle- Ruger 1911 in 10mm. Marginally concealable, and enough horsepower for duties other than personal protection.

Bottom-Ruger SRH Toklat in .454 Casull. Because it will kill pretty much anything on the planet, while still having the ability to shoot lighter loads in 45 Colt.

None of the guns qualify as a favorite, although the 1911 is close, but collectively, they provide the capability to handle most anything I would use a handgun for.
View attachment 102743
Are you pleased with your SR1911 in 10mm? I have been itching for one since SR released them. Perhaps I could slide this through by designating it as my wife's new truck gun. Front office would never know what hit em...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just from my current collection, I would say S&W 637 .38 Special, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Ruger Service Six .38 Special. If I could have a fourth, my Ruger Single Six .22 LR/.22 WMR. As versatile as the .22 is, it loses alot in a handgun length barrel. Nearly all ammo is made with rifle length barrels in mind, and I can shoot my own centerfire reloads with lead bulets for about the same cost as quality .22 LR.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you pleased with your SR1911 in 10mm? I have been itching for one since SR released them. Perhaps I could slide this through by designating it as my wife's new truck gun. Front office would never know what hit em...
I'm well pleased with it. I was looking at a Glock but after handling the Ruger, bought it instead. I made the right choice. I have a friend with a G20 and the Ruger is more comfortable to shoot and easier to shoot accurately. A good 1911 trigger is far superior to a good Glock trigger.
The only issue, on all 10mm autos I've shot, is finding the brass. With mid range loads, the brass falls in a neat pile about 5' over my right shoulder. With full house loads, it puts them in orbit. I lose about 40%, unless I lay out a big tarp and pay attention to my shooting position.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm well pleased with it. I was looking at a Glock but after handling the Ruger, bought it instead. I made the right choice. I have a friend with a G20 and the Ruger is more comfortable to shoot and easier to shoot accurately. A good 1911 trigger is far superior to a good Glock trigger.
The only issue, on all 10mm autos I've shot, is finding the brass. With mid range loads, the brass falls in a neat pile about 5' over my right shoulder. With full house loads, it puts them in orbit. I lose about 40%, unless I lay out a big tarp and pay attention to my shooting position.
I’ve tried all kinds of tactics to herd up brass.
1911s are defiant.

SawSeeker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Try a heavier recoil spring. Buy a few different weights to experiment with, you'll thank me later. The only problem is the lame, cheapo loads will stovepipe with the heavier spring. But who needs a weak 10mm anyhow. [emoji6]

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's too funny, and expensive. I have always been a big fan of Ruger, I love commander sized 1911's ,probably wouldn't be to efficient in 10mm.
I had a Delta for a short while ( to nice for my carrying habits, but it did make me a fan of 10mm !) My wife is about over the AR pistol fad, and said she would like a bigger truck gun. So I may liquidate her ARP, I am about over trying to double and triple up on hearing protection due to the 7.5'' barrel and a SR1911 10 would make everyone happy! Thanks for the info....

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try a heavier recoil spring. Buy a few different weights to experiment with, you'll thank me later. The only problem is the lame, cheapo loads will stovepipe with the heavier spring. But who needs a weak 10mm anyhow. [emoji6]
That's the best option. If I shot full house loads all the time, I'd do that.
The majority of what I shoot is about 90% of max. At that level, the stock spring does fine. It's when you hit that last 5% that ejection gets brisk.
I'd rather lose a few pieces of brass than deal with stovepipe & FTF stoppages.

Last edited:

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's too funny, and expensive. I have always been a big fan of Ruger, I love commander sized 1911's ,probably wouldn't be to efficient in 10mm.
I had a Delta for a short while ( to nice for my carrying habits, but it did make me a fan of 10mm !) My wife is about over the AR pistol fad, and said she would like a bigger truck gun. So I may liquidate her ARP, I am about over trying to double and triple up on hearing protection due to the 7.5'' barrel and a SR1911 10 would make everyone happy! Thanks for the info....
I have a buddy with a 10" ARP. His wife named it puff. Cute as it can be but it turns into a deafening fire breathing dragon when you pull the trigger. He cleared the firing line at a public shooting range one day. After dark, it's something to behold. You can't burn 26g of CFE rifle in 10" of barrel.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cz 75 p01 9 or .40
Glock 23 .40 with extra 9mm barrel substitute 30s for a .45
Ruger 4" match champion.357

If anyone hasn't tried a cz try one
Excellent guns