• Poll closed .

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i did a fair amount of research before I sent my saw and money to someone. That's all I meant by the post.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd rather not Randy. It would not benefit me in any way, I've moved on. What I am standing up for (passionately) is some type of builder feedback. I'm just trying to communicate my negative experience with the lack of such a "system".

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We need to find a way to build a feedback system that is drama free and honest. A lot of guys won't post something negative about a builder for fear of being flamed. I understand what Wolverine is saying.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the customer list idea. Ive answered scores of pms and text over the years of fellas trying to figure out which builder to go with.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of guys won't post something negative about a builder for fear of being flamed.

This^^^^^^!!!
If everyone isn't allowed to reply to (say for *s-words and giggles MY) reply, and only the builder involved?

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to the party, was having a package delivered.

Seems it has already been said, but I was thinking just a thread/sticky for each builder who actually wants one. They post up a little about themselves, their thoughts on what a ported saw should be and what it cost to get one. Then, anyone who has bought a saw directly from the builder who wants to posts what they have and that is all. By posting, the saw owner would be willing to be contacted via PM to pass along his experience with the builder. This way, there is nothing positive or negative in public, just a source of contacts for perspective customers to do their due diligence. If the builder sees someone they don't recognize, they contact the poster to verify that they are in fact a customer. No banter, praise, pitchforks and sure as hell, no memes.

Folks who want to support the builder surely will post. Folks who have had a bad experience would take the opportunity just as quickly I would guess.

Any post outside of a saw model and maybe a date of purchase gets removed.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to the party, was having a package delivered.

Seems it has already been said, but I was thinking just a thread/sticky for each builder who actually wants one. They post up a little about themselves, their thoughts on what a ported saw should be and what it cost to get one. Then, anyone who has bought a saw directly from the builder who wants to posts what they have and that is all. By posting, the saw owner would be willing to be contacted via PM to pass along his experience with the builder. This way, there is nothing positive or negative in public, just a source of contacts for perspective customers to do their due diligence. If the builder sees someone they don't recognize, they contact the poster to verify that they are in fact a customer. No banter, praise, pitchforks and sure as hell, no memes.

Folks who want to support the builder surely will post. Folks who have had a bad experience would take the opportunity just as quickly I would guess.

Any post outside of a saw model and maybe a date of purchase gets removed.
Better said than me!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We need to find a way to build a feedback system that is drama free and honest.
If you want drama-free then we need to let the wimenz do it. [emoji6]

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now is when having a good builder/customer relationship is most important. What happens next is really none of our business.

This sort of thing is where any feedback system could run off of the rails.

I asked questions about the saw , how it was being used, long bar, short bar, chain that sort of stuff. looking for info as to why this was happening. asked for pics.
was willing to do the same thing as the first time. never heard from him again

So......

The builder starts a thread. And his customers add their names to a list?

that really only shows how many saws a guy does. you do more then I do, does not mean I don't do good work. but the public might see it that way. just saying

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked questions about the saw , how it was being used, long bar, short bar, chain that sort of stuff. looking for info as to why this was happening. asked for pics.
was willing to do the same thing as the first time. never heard from him again

that really only shows how many saws a guy does. you do more then I do, does not mean I don't do good work. but the public might see it that way. just saying

Damn........you are spot on.

I do a metric *s-word ton of saws.......and I still can't get an 064 to run like you do.

Any ideas?

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you spell dichotomy? Jason had a hell of a time with a supposedly reputable builder. Plan B was with another builder that was being gutted and kicked to the curb on the boards of Another Site. Well guess what? Talk is cheap, and he now has a saw that you will never pry from his hands. The story is so bizarre that people often don't beleive it when he offers words of caution.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you spell dichotomy? Jason had a hell of a time with a supposedly reputable builder. Plan B was with another builder that was being gutted and kicked to the curb on the boards of Another Site. Well guess what? Talk is cheap, and he now has a saw that you will never pry from his hands. The story is so bizarre that people often don't beleive it when he offers words of caution.
id like to know that story in a pm, or who were the parties involved.... i could put it together from there.:beer-toast1:

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a double edged sword for sure

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Haha. I noticed that after I posted it. Nothing to do with you, other than the irony that I completely agree with you. People need to do things for themselves more often

It's all good. I'm just messin wit cha.

Buuuuut..the last MS170 you ported for me was no good. You told me it would keep up with my MS880 and with my "36 .404 chain it just ain't strong enough.. !!! What ya gonna do 'bout dat ?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
id like to know that story in a pm, or who were the parties involved.... i could put it together from there.:beer-toast1:
Water under the bridge. I'm just trying to make a stand for some sort of public feedback, so if someone is searching for information, they can find it.