High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I caught mine in time MS660 (CrossPerformance)

species8472

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I caught my Cross Performance just in time. Only about 15 tanks of 40/1 tuned at 13500 rpm.
A lot of plating came of on exhaust side. TAUGHTS anyone. Bad photo but there's a lot missing.
upload_2017-9-18_16-24-44.png

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think before using AM cylinders one must be sure he has a competent knowledge of what to look for and what corrections need to be made before insatlling them so they run right. They can be a decent cheap option to the right people who can for see problems. But nothing compares to OEM for quality and service life. I don't want to judge the OP's intentions starting this thread, its chainsaw related & he's asking for advice/help. But in the back of my small brain I wonder if threads like this are a concocted ploy to have a new replacement sent to them at no cost. It happens a bit and I'd hate to see the Gentleman's generosity to be mistaken for stupidity.

species8472

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think before using AM cylinders one must be sure he has a competent knowledge of what to look for and what corrections need to be made before insatlling them so they run right. They can be a decent cheap option to the right people who can for see problems. But nothing compares to OEM for quality and service life. I don't want to judge the OP's intentions starting this thread, its chainsaw related & he's asking for advice/help. But in the back of my small brain I wonder if threads like this are a concocted ploy to have a new replacement sent to them at no cost. It happens a bit and I'd hate to see the Gentleman's generosity to be mistaken for stupidity.
I do not wish to have a replacement sent just wondering if I did anything wrong with tuning /oil mix. bevels looked good to me on this one. I know aftermarket is hit and miss. some good some not so good

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm running 2 Cross 660 P+Cs, so far w/o any problems, but I don't have that many tanks through them.

However, i have done some milling, which is tough on saws. I was thinking after 7 or 8 tanks I was likely not to have problems, but I guess I could be wrong.

You should put "Cross" in the title, and I'd be interested to hear from those who have, and have not, experienced problems with these things.

Last edited:

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm really starting to believe that all am jugs need port work in order to be usable. ...

But that's just me.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess my question is, would beveling the ports prevent this, or is it a defect that the user can not address???

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like it chipped on the bevel first then the rest just flaked off. If one were to grind the plating off the inside of port and put a new bevel on it might of helped save it. But from the looks of it the plating would of flaked off there regardless. With any am cylinder I think it would be best to go over all the port bevels. Alot of folks aren't setup to do this unfortunately and just want a bolt on cylinder.

I am with mike on the quality of the cross cylinder. Mine looked very nice. All the ports had descent bevels and the plating had no flaws. After cutting the base on mine I took a diamond ball to the edge of base and it didn't chip or flake at all. Ive only got a couple tanks on mine but it still looks good through exhaust port. I'm going to tear it down shortly to make sone changed and check everything out.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll bet getting the plating correct around such angles as those bevels is trixy. ...then when the hone goes through there to do the final polishup....maybe just the very edge is too thin....and prone to breakage.

I'll bet this would have been fine if that bevel wasn't plated.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No. That's a defective product.

all AM parts are subpar in one way or another, so defective is the wrong word to use

I guess my question is, would beveling the ports prevent this, or is it a defect that the user can not address???

plating comes off because it's to thin and not put on correctly. didn't bond because steps are skipped to save money

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll bet getting the plating correct around such angles as those bevels is trixy. ...then when the hone goes through there to do the final polishup....maybe just the very edge is too thin....and prone to breakage.

I'll bet this would have been fine if that bevel wasn't plated.
Wouldn't matter. The plating is still defective. It should never just flake off like that.